• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Throttle acting up

I need a little help. 

I started my truck the other day and when I went to give it some throttle the rpm jumped rapidly and stops at about 1100- 1200 rpm and won't go any higher. Let off the throttle it idles normal. So I shut the truck off and started it again and everything was back to normal. It has done that several time since then and is getting harder to get the throttle to function normally. I have had to disconnect the batteries on two occasions and restart the truck several time to get it functioning correctly. Would this be indicating a bad apps?

Most auto parts places will scan if for you and some will loan the tool out for a deposit. This could be APPS or VP or ECM or wiring related. Thats why knowing any codes is important. 

Are you seeing any blue smoke when this happens?

• Like 1

No blue smoke. Wait to start light usually comes on right away, sometimes a few seconds later. The only mods that have been done is a edge ez that was put on 10 years ago or more. I'll get the truck in and have it scanned as soon as I can. I do have a check engine light on. I have not done a AC noise check either, I don't know how to do that.

Edited by larbow

You need a volt meter capable of reading millivolts. Some are auto ranging and others you have to set the selector to millivolts. With the engine running place the + to the charging stud on the back of the alternator and the - on the battery terminal. you want to see .04 or less as I remember. @Mopar1973Man has a good article about but I think he hides from me. 

Edited by dripley

• 2 weeks later...