• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ac heater control panel failure?

Wonder if anyone else has had this problem before I fire the parts cannon. 

Heat was selected to full hot, went to turn it to mix cooler and felt no change till it was halfway into the cold range. Then only felt cold air from vents. Turned back to heat slowly and again, didn't feel any change till halfway into the hot range then only felt full hot. 

Checked fuses, checked the plastic piece between the blend motor and door, pulled control panel and all connections are good. Everything else works normal such as fan speeds and vent selections, even max cold. 

Im assuming the temperature select part of the panel has failed but it could be something different. 

Mine got like that shortly before I rebuilt the HVAC box, full hot or cold was all I had. Had to regulate the heat with my windows. It has worked fine since the rebuild with the same heater control. Other than the new heater core and evaporator, I installed the Heater Treater o. The blend door and indexed the motor. The only other thing I replaced was all the foam gaskets. 

4 hours ago, dripley said:

Mine got like that shortly before I rebuilt the HVAC box, full hot or cold was all I had. Had to regulate the heat with my windows. It has worked fine since the rebuild with the same heater control. Other than the new heater core and evaporator, I installed the Heater Treater o. The blend door and indexed the motor. The only other thing I replaced was all the foam gaskets. 

I've seen the heater treater fix, maybe the plastic is cracked and I can't see it. I'll pull it apart and check. Rather not pull the HVAC unit out if I don't need to.

19 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Are you speaking of this http://heatertreater.net/dodge-ram-95-02

OR all blend doors for couple hundred bucks http://heatertreater.net/dodge-ram-02-08

The first one. Did not know about the second option. 

I paid $25 when I bought mine and thought that was pricey. The doors seem a bit pricey too but if it makes it all work better, who knows.

• Like 1

Well, tonight I dropped the motor, I can turn the blend door with fingers and it works perfectly, doesn't get stuck or jam up on anything. The Connector between motor and door was cracked, so I fabricobbled a piece of scrap steel tubing and it works, but the same issue still exist.