• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Good day, good day!

CCM3

Hey guys, I wouldn't say I'm not too "new" but this is my first post. My name's Curtis and I live in the Charlotte area of North Carolina. My truck is a 2002 24v auto. At 239k miles, my truck definitely has some developed character. I'm still learning all the quirks and nuances that comes from third-hand ownership and many miles. The end goal is a beasty daily sleeper.  My most immediate concern is getting my fuel pressure up. I just installed some glowshift gauges and my FP is 6.5psi at idle and 3-4psi at a steady 2k rpm. I plan to put the stock banjo bolt back in and check to make sure its not the glowshift sensor. Anywho, I'll be seeing you.

54 minutes ago, CCM3 said:

Thank you, Dripley. I haven't read any pressures below 3 as of now. I changed my fuel filter today and got a 1 pound bump up. My current setup is the oe in-tank retrofit with stock lines.

what pressure do you see when stick your foot in it? If its 3 cruising I bet its 0 at wide open throttle, WOT. I got the intank pump at 150k and inside of a year I was seeing the pressures you are seeing now. Not good. I would recommend a full Air dog or FASS or a mechanical pump with new fuel lines. The stock lines are too restrictive to maintain adequate supply to the VP.  Anything that will keep your pressure up to at least 14 psi under any condition. The oe fuel system is inadequate and will cause premature VP failures. At $1100 a pop you dont want that to happen. 

Edited by dripley

I attempted to bottom out my FP but couldn't get a long enough stretch on I-85 to get it to drop below 5psi now that I've changed my filter. The plan is underway now to replace the fuel system. Wish I discovered this sooner when it was warm out.