• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Server down time

• Owner

Sorry about the server downtime in the last 24 hours roughly. I'm learning that server tuning is a strange animal. You have to tune all the software to fit within its allocated memory and make sure it never leaves that realm. What has happened traffic picked up push the server to start swapping needlessly. One the drive thrashing started where its swapping data from memory to disk it started taking longer to deal with the request for data. Eventually, the server folds up and quits. 

This morning I beat on all the software. Tweak it them load it up with virtual traffic and push it hard and see how far I can go. Few times I pushed too hard again creating drive thrashing. After getting control of the memory and resources I've got it running pretty good.

I'm sorry for the downtime hopefully this server tune works better this time.