• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stanley's Truck Remodel- Dove in Head First!

Started out just gonna clean out heater core etc then it turned into this. The entire cab is dismantled. Ha! Found some moisture issues, gonna clean up some wiring, put some new heat shield/noise damper in, blow out the dust, take out the whole hvac box and clean it, make some new door panels, redo my headliner, get seats cleaned etc. 

Any recommendations while I'm this far in? 

I honestly debated pulling the whole dash out and then building my own dash how I wanted it... if anyone wants to spark some interest in this I have a few ideas and pics. 

Door panels shouldn't be that hard to make, unless I just say screw it and buy some new ones or junk yard ones. But I really like the idea of custom door panels and dash! 

I'm sure I'll be doing some other stuff but this is a good starter for a thread. More pics coming! 

20181213_213627.jpg

20181213_211835.jpg

20181213_211757.jpg

20181213_202153.jpg

20181213_202151.jpg

20181213_202145.jpg

20181213_211827.jpg

20181213_200425.jpg

• Like 2

I had the same problem when I first got my truck. All that extra padding on the carpet sucks in moisture and ruts the floor out. I ripped all that padding out, sandblasted the floor, put few coats of paint on it and power washed the carpet. I haven't put any sound dampening back down, as I didn't know if it was going to trap moisture. If your passenger side floor was wet, then you need to pour a piece of tube on the engine side of firewall where the drain for HVAC box comes out, to keep that AC condensation out of the cab. You might as well put new radiators in HVAC box. 

Other than that looking for more pictures on that custom Dash :popcorn:

There was a little tube by the blower motor that came off, Ill check for another one when I pull the HVAC box out. 

The dash might be a dream at this point, but i have some really good ideas. It might take awhile though... Lots of sheet metal work. 

And Ill admit I'm kinda scared to start ripping out the dash.............

As for the floor whats the best liner to put down? I dont think I want to rhino line it, as I have a factory rubber liner instead of carpet. 

Ill prolly just do some kind of paint or roll on liner then put a new "Pad" down and lay rubber floor on top...? Maybe that sound barrier stuff? 

On 12/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, Stanley said:

Ahh, never thought of that. Well maybe ill price a carpet set from LMC Truck. Wife is not going to like this bill...

I bought some carpet off E-Bay, first put down a sound barrier, I had to slice the carpet to make it fit, because I had to raise the doghouse due to trans swap. You probably might not have to slice your down the middle like I had too. Don't think I had more than $100 total barrier/Carpet. Used 3M Super 77 spay adhesive to tack carpet down.20180912_165951.jpg.b5ddf03ab010bee86fe17db1e17bc6b0.jpg20180919_203350.jpg.4b278f3c89cccd90b1fc75ae37cb25ec.jpg

4 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Looking good @Blueox01

So is all that fiber "crap" under my rubber just sound deadening material or insulating? 

Was thinking of I put a roll on sealer then some sound deadening, prolly wouldn't need the extra layer...

That "crap" is both as far as I understand, I would hate to think what molded carpet from LMC would cost, I bought this carpet on E-bay, wide enough for floor panel from https://www.ebay.com/usr/fabrics_and_more?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Its 170$ for  carpet from LMC. I found: boom-mat sheets and spray; lizard skin, and Al's HNR spray; for the bottom layer. Not sure on which one ill use but I"m excited I found it. Still torn on reusing my rubber flooring or buying the carpet. Obviously I would save money reusing mine but @Mopar1973Man is right, the rubber would hold moisture. So it might be a throw of the dice for money sake... lol

On another note I started taking off my dash top this week, almost there. Ill post pics this weekend. Alot of the tabs broke off when removing the little screw that hold it on. My plan is to just put a thin fiberglass layer underneath and epoxy what tabs broke, then fiberglass the top while adding some custom gauge pods molded into the top then sand bondo/ paint or wrap in material... 

Maybe I'm optimistic that it wont shatter into one million pieces.... HAHA 

You know how the morning after your like what the heck did I do well I kinda feel that way even though I was completely sober doing this venture. 

Next to come out is the HVAC and I will thoroughly clean it then clean all behind the dash area and get all the dust and dirt out.  Most likely I will replace the AC condenser and the heater core even though they're not leaking they might shortly. 

I also been getting some pretty good ideas for a custom dash since I can see it all now lol. 

20181222_144824.jpg

20181222_125906.jpg

20181222_144814.jpg

20181222_144748.jpg

20181222_125924.jpg

20181222_125916.jpg

20181222_144742.jpg

• Like 1

That's a valid point, I did think of doing that but this will save some money and I can add some custom gauge pods. And its prolly going to be alot stronger than anything else when I'm done with it. Worst case if it breaks it breaks, not out that much money. 

Pics of some surgery time.

20181224_182110.jpg

20181224_182119.jpg

Also cleaned up the fan blade... 

Dont worry its not brake clean or solvent... only a concoction of purple power lol....

20181224_182102.jpg

20181224_184952.jpg