• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stanley's Truck Remodel- Dove in Head First!

I used a few layers of mesh too, it still piled away in few spots from dash. It doesn't bond all that well, abs/pvc pipe glue sticks very well. FYI it will stink for a week or longer while resin cures completely, first week or so it was horrible lol. 

Got my heater core changed out and didn't have time to piss around with the dash, maybe next time. That heater core was not as easy as I thought it be, had to loosen up the box away from fire wall even with the swiveled ends on the core. My ac works fine so I didn't want to disconnect evaporator and had to fight it. Next time if I do change the evaporator, I'll get a new core again that's original and doesn't have swivel with rubber orings and do it right. But for $30 core and 4 hours last night it's not a bad deal. 

• 4 weeks later...

Got the HVAC case split this evening... what foam is the best for re sealing everything? 

I mean everything lol. 

Gonna try and make a video so I can share it will yall cause I have way to many pictures to upload lol.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Got the HVAC case split this evening... what foam is the best for re sealing everything? 

I mean everything lol. 

Gonna try and make a video so I can share it will yall cause I have way to many pictures to upload lol.  

I bought foam at Lowes or HD, don't  remember. Just tried to match it with what was in there the best i could. That wss about 4 years ago.

6 hours ago, dripley said:

I bought foam at Lowes or HD, don't  remember. Just tried to match it with what was in there the best i could. That wss about 4 years ago.

This was my plan, I didnt know if there was a better option somewhere. I pulled every stinkin piece of foam off that box last night cause it all was just nasty and falling apart. So I need some skinny pieces and wide pieces etc... lol 

Ok, so gonna try this out. Made my very first YouTube video, sorry for all my annoying "sniffing" with my cold. Its short and sweet and took forever to upload, I dont have internet options out here so I use my cell service...

Maybe I'll get the hang of these videos and make them better and make more of them task focused.

So here's the link to my first one 

check it out...

2nd little video lol 

This one includes my trans and t case and fast coolers......

• Like 2

That's awesome man, you're starting to motivate me again to do a few things. 

How far did you tear into nv56. When time comes and I have my patients I may do the same. 

Going to be a nice ride when you're done.

I should have made videos of all the crap I've done to my truck, but I'm always in the hurry with little time to do it. Had YouTube account forever and sadly haven't posted anything lately. In fact I don't think I have any videos my truck on there, I think last video I posted, was playing in mud in my toy truck.

Yea same here, had one but never used it till now. Ive done lots already that I should have recorded but maybe it can be part of the routine so maybe it can help others if I record it. Yea time is a big issue especially with 2 kiddos and LIFE! lol.

On the NV5600 is was a 100% rebuild. had all the guts pulled out, swapping syncros, detents flying all over gods creation! HAHA 

Now if I didnt live in the middle of no man's land and had Internet available, that would make things a little easier! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

This was my plan, I didnt know if there was a better option somewhere. I pulled every stinkin piece of foam off that box last night cause it all was just nasty and falling apart. So I need some skinny pieces and wide pieces etc... lol 

I had to make some of the foam pieces to size from bigger ones. They just dont have all the right sizes. There several as I remember.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Good deal, thanks for the tips guys!!! 

Where the case splits, is there a need for any sealant there? Didn't have anything there...

As I remeber there was none on mine and if that was the case none went back on. But we are using my memory which aint as good as it used to be.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Stanley,

When I put my case halves back together I use an anaerobic sealer.  They are usually very thin and don't harden if exposed to oxygen.  so any that squeezes into the case won't turn into a lump.  I use the loctite 515, but I am certain there is a permatex version also.  

HTH

Hag

• Like 1