Scottfunk

Fuel mileage sucks! Please help!

I used chanel lock pliers, but took a few tries, keep your hands clear when that thing flies out of :omg:. If yours are bent to where pliers keep sliding off, you can heat just the ends and bend them tabs a little or tack weld few beads, something to grab on.

36 minutes ago, Scottfunk said:

What's the easiest way to get that stupid ring back in there. I think rtv is a great idea but the last time I had it apart it took nearly an hour just to get the ring back in. Finally had to ask my wife for help...that wasn't embarrassing.:duh:

The silencer ring?

Oh to funny...:) ask wife for ring back and tell her that her new ring will be silencer ring:). Probably not recommend...

I used ice pick to get my ring out on turbo.  Couldn't tell a difference, so I put it back in.

I know this doesn't exactly fit here but...

On my 1996 Dodge Ram I pulled the Mopar Performance PCM and pit a stock PCM back on I'm now at 19 MPG on the little truck. What I'm pointing out is the wrong tune can pull MPG down by overadvancing timing. Where the stock PCM is more retarded and now doing better than my Cummins. Price of gas is lower, I can now run 87 octane again. Bonus both ways.

19 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

The silencer ring?

No the back end of the housing. I like your idea of some rtv there but getting that snap ring back in there sucks.