• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Show me your Frantz Toilet Paper Bypass Oil Filter Setup!

My oil stayed clean, like when I first put it in for like the first 5,000 miles or so. So for me the proof is on the dipstick. 1/2 a micron filtration is pretty amazing when you think about it! Another bonus is it also is a bit of an oil cooler. The oil galley on top of my Cummins is now clean w/ no black used oil junk on the rockers, springs, so it's doing the same for the entire engine. My mileage is 188K, my instal was 10k miles ago or so. I just use regular Rotella & add either that or Lucas oil extender. NO BS here guys I wouldn't tell you it doesn't work if it didn't. I had a 6.9 Ford that as soon as I changed the oil it was dirty, my Kubota is the same. No Frantz though. Install on the Cummins is easy, there is a plug right on the stock filter housing that the by pass lines taps into, it get filered & goes back into the top of the engine via the oil fiter cap.Also take a look at Michael's used TP w/ 5K on it, does it look like any of the filter is sucked into the motor? There is a wire mesh screen that holds it all together, along w/ a lock ring! A huge plus is filter replacement is less than a buck! TP is Scott 2ply that is available at my local convenient store. Think I found it at Sam's Club, Wally World, & Cosco.I'm a believer,Dave