• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

W-T needs some advice please

IBMobile

• Staff

@JAG1 hasn't been able to log on to post due to computer/internet problems so he asked me to due it for him.

From JAG1:

W-T' called me just before Christmas and asked to have a post or thread put up about his situation with the fire in Paradise, Ca. He wants to let everyone know he is okay. His house only suffered about 15 k in damage on the back side and is heat damage only as nothing really burned. The windows are melted, glass is broken, Siding everything on that side of the house is either cooked or showing heat damage.

His two garages however, were completely destroyed. One of the shops, I think 1800 sq. ft. was the one with every piece of electronic equipment inside and is now gone. Months ago he sent pictures of his specialized tech equipment consisting of an almost entire wall, a lifetime collection , some custom built to his specs.

We didn't have enough time to talk much further about how he saved his truck which also was stored in there. It was an expensive shop with hepa filter system maintaining a dust free clean room in which he also stored his beautiful second gen Dodge. He says that truck never had mud under the fenders, but now has ash and mud everywhere. It was better than when they were brand new on the dealer showroom floor. This particular shop costing over 200k to build originally is now gone.

One thing he needs help with if anyone wants to start a discussion, he needs thoughts/ ideas on what to do. It is dilemma of whether to rebuild and stay there, or just fix the house, maybe rebuild one garage and list it on the market. Insurance is going to take care of him and is not going under from claims, but the thought is because the whole town is gone, burned and ugly with clean up taking years, the idea of moving to a new area may be the smart thing to do. 
Please join in with your thoughts... 

Thank you Daniel for your help getting this up on the forum... 'Billy' needs advice

JAG1

That's sad to here, but but he's doing much better then most in that area and that's good to hear. 

I would personally move the he'll out of that state, I know it's hard to do after years of roots. He's got a right idea of it never being the same in a long time if ever. There are plenty of awesome places that he can move to if money is not a concern and insurance is taking care of him. I would look for something out in country more north with lakes and pines beautiful scenery. Not sure on how big his family is and if it will be a concern moving away from some of them. But something like this would make anyone happy. e6d00eb70ccef55dd5dbc6e32a202267l-m1o.jpg.33f757da22844fa78ee34fd0aefe2f76.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

That a good idea DieselFuture, That picture is enough to make me want to move. W-T has no time to post but reads the forum occasionally. I think it best to rebuild a much lesser expensive garage, make the house livable and sell...... Perhaps with the insurance settlement there would be enough to find a nice home on the water like that somewhere.

Moving to lakefront property would be cooler in summers and Paradise California was seeing drought and excessive fire danger and heat in summers. Almost forgot... He said the fire was moving so fast, at the rate of 3 football fields every 30 seconds. More like an explosion with no time to get out of the way.