• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

Be aware the Cummins thermostat looks like NAPA's previous version thermostat. I've have had excellent results so far with NAPA thermostat's. I can say Gates is rather flakey and poor quality. 

Cummins Thermostat and NAPA old version on the left. The NAPA current version on the right. Much larger mouth. Also the current NAPA 190F is actually a 192F. On my truck I swapped back in the 190F and it runs about 197F to 201F with the winter fronts on the truck and outside temps running 20-30F with freezing fog. 

DSCF4439.JPGDSCF4440.JPG

• Thanks 1

This last year mine was opening at higher temps then it did the year before. I decided to change it and NAPA gave me the one on the right in MPM post . Mine is a 98 and it was listed as that one. I started getting wild swings in temp ( late opening and late closing) of over 10 degrees swings. My mistake was not taking mine out and comparing them. Being that 98s had both 12v and 24v they gave me a 12v which is the one on the right. I went back with my original and asked for one for a 99 and I got the one on the left and it has worked perfectly since.

• Like 1