• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Big change in my life...

Mopar1973Man

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Funny... Actually, the female nurses were pretty cute. I was actually hitting on them a bit but found out most were married. 

They all say Mike! Don't be discouraged they cant say yes at work lol

• Haha 1

Had my gall bladder removed 10 years or more ago. It came time to leave and 3 nurses came in to change the bandage before I left. Antone who has ever had a hospitol gown on will know how difficult opening the front of it is without exposing ones self. So after several minutes of them trying not to expose me, I looked at them and said, if none has ever seen a nekked man before, today would be good day to start. Just get me the heck outa here. They complied with smiles. Morphine will lower your inhabitions more than alchohol. :thumbup2:

Edited by dripley
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Sad but true I'm scheduled to go back in on Friday. They want to make sure of my right kidney is draining properly. It sucks but more OR time from what I understand.

Get the care you need and take the time to recover properly you won’t regret it. Keep on fighting the good fight. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Sad but true I'm scheduled to go back in on Friday. They want to make sure of my right kidney is draining properly. It sucks but more OR time from what I understand.

Well I hope you dont have to go back into surgery. Some times we dont get to control what we do and have to trust others. 

• Owner
19 minutes ago, Unreal Summit said:

How we doing Moparman?!? 

Bit stressed out. Gotta jump through more hoops on Friday. Today is my first day of feeling good, no pain, healed up for the most part. Still wearing a catheter which is uncomfortable. That will be removed on Friday (YEAH!) But then hour and half later I've got to go to Boise and be put under while they attempt to put a stent in my right ureter. :rolleyes:

• Owner

There are a few pluses to a catheter. Like you can sleep all night and never get up to pee. You can drive farther without stopping but the tail end gets sore in the saddle afterwhile. Yeah, I'm feeling good today.

I made the mistake attempting to get information about Friday for times and such that end up talking to one gal (no name going to be said) but then she leads me down a path of how muscle-invasive cancer might need to go in my back. WHAT!?!? My blood pressure when through the roof and stress hit me like a brick. Finally, I got a phone call from the Doctor's office and talked to his assistant. She clearly read back what was in the report that it is NOT muscle invasive cancer. The only thing they want to do is protect my right kidney and put a stent in my right ureter to make sure no issues for my right kidney. I've had to unwind myself and gain control my stress. 

Tell you the truth it really does help to talk about it and give me peace seeing it textual form in front of my eyes. So strange that I got more friends on the internet and able to talk to all you and be comfortable talking to all you. Like your my extended family. I thank you all for being there and listening to me. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 4

Haha! Least thier is a bright side to it! Staying positive is key! It really don't help to talk to someone who tells you the exact opposite of what you need to head and what is actually wrong with ya. Stress can be horrible by its self. Which we all know. Talking about it and sometimes writing stuff down help us cope with stuff. Like I told ya I am here for ya anyway I can be. Been busy lately so hadn't had much time for the interweb, unfortunately.  I am in the same boat with the friends thing. People only seem to want to be friends when they need something, and I ain't got time for that. I guess sometimes being internet friends are easier for some. I think it's just hard to find true friends. 

• Like 2

• Owner

Thank you @Unreal Summit.

I made a post on my personal facebook page how so many want to be friends to me. But so few of the local people know what is going on or even taking the time to find out.

Now all you guys (and gals) on the M73M site have been always there to listen and help each other.

• Owner

Thank you @portlandareae28.... I read your post and brought tears to my eyes. Yeah I'm scared and worried. Yeah I'm trying to hold my head high and take care of MoparMom. Like I'm walking the edge of a knife. Like today some misinformed hospital staff is enough to freak me out. I appreciate all the kind words. I know most of you are just to far to be here. @BrianAtSmarty is going to put us up again. I'm only human I'm already doing 110% to 120% and I'm tired and wore out most nights.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I am happy that as a virtual community we do have people that are in the vicinity and able to help (Thank you @BrianAtSmarty).  You have a lot on your plate right now, have to at times slow down and take it all in and do what is best for you to get back to healthy.  Moparmom obviously has to get her dialysis so you have to make that happen.  But napping, and high nutritional quality foods when you are in positions that you don't have much choice of should help.  I find when I get sick (now be it not anywhere near your scenario) I heal fastest when I am able to rest and sleep.  Anyway, I know you have a lot on your plate of life right now, but make sure "taking care of Mike" is a large helping on that plate.  

• Thanks 1

Just saw this post. Hope you are doing ok.  Been down that road with Leukemia treatments years ago. Many many surgeries & extended hospitalizations etc.  Hospitals are no fun but I realized long ago that if I'm nice to the medical professionals (nice to all of them, not just the cute nurses ;o)) Then they are inclined to be nice to you (esp if you are sedated and your care is completely in their hands)  ;o).   But besides that, it sounds like you are doing the best you can to take care of yourself.  Hang in there moparman! this is no big deal, like changing the oil and new radiator hoses!  Keep us posted!

• Haha 1

• Owner

Seriously I was praising all the staff and very happy to be in their care. Again on Friday the Doctor is going to put a stent in my right ureter. After that I should be free for a time to really heal. Dang catheter is really killing me now. I want it gone. Friday it will be.

Like right now I'm sitting in the 96 Dodge waiting for MoparMom to finish her treatment.