Mopar1973Man

Big change in my life...

Who could forget "Nurse Diesel" from that Mel Brooks movie "High Anxiety"!

Get well soon Moparman!  I hope the procedure goes well today & speedy full recovery to you.

nurse diesel.jpg

• Thanks 1

Mike, remember you need to enjoy more real fun activity exercise with rest and sleep when your body tells you. Even if it work on truck time, just stop go in and take a nap, let it all go and finish it later when your body tells you. Even if a guest is there... just tell them its nap time.. They can go hiking up the mountain behind your place.  Try letting go each day.... developing this habit of not being bolted down to everything so tight. Remember part of the joy of Heaven is the fact there is no time, no associated stress...  in which God wants us to stop the clocks, realize what He has given and will always be there for us. We all need to absorb more and more our capacity for beauty and amazement. A habit that can become a daily focus becomes part of us..... far more important than the artificial garbage taking over these days

I love you Man.... my skills for friendship aren't very good. I'm working on that.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

You comment about enjoying more real fun. Seriously? I've got to be honest here when you year income from here is only 8k per year Really? Come on I drive 3 days a week 39 hours a week. Now can work odd jobs 2 days a week. If had better income I would but its not there.

Basically all my income pays to keep the trucks running. Now toss in the medical bills ill be running backwards. Not much afterwards. Now with spring coming the income from M73M will fade. By summer there is very little. 

No if there was someone to do the training for MoparMom dialysis I could go back to work an have a better life.

But this is what is tossed at me and I struggle to make it month to month. Like I would love to go camping. Can't really I need to buy tires for the RV, tags, and have the extra time and fund to do such.

My idea was trying to monetize myself more on the site but then I got hit with the medical. Like I was going to do private support on honor system that you donate for my efforts. Never got it final or finished. 

I considered the store again but no one wants the work it with me. So... 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Well in back in the hospital. Now they want to protect my right kidney. Easy as a stent or as hard a end up with a tube in my back. Temporary... But the want to be sure right kidney is protected and all cancer is gone.

Back to wear those gowns...

Edited by Mopar1973Man

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You comment about enjoying more real fun. Seriously? I've got to be honest here when you year income from here is only 8k per year Really? Come on I drive 3 days a week 39 hours a week. Now can work odd jobs 2 days a week. If had better income I would but its not there.

Basically all my income pays to keep the trucks running. Now toss in the medical bills ill be running backwards. Not much afterwards. Now with spring coming the income from M73M will fade. By summer there is very little. 

No if there was someone to do the training for MoparMom dialysis I could go back to work an have a better life.

But this is what is tossed at me and I struggle to make it month to month. Like I would love to go camping. Can't really I need to buy tires for the RV, tags, and have the extra time and fund to do such.

My idea was trying to monetize myself more on the site but then I got hit with the medical. Like I was going to do private support on honor system that you donate for my efforts. Never got it final or finished. 

Mike I would be interested in working something out with you to help run the store. 

Deal is I've already have an agreement with DAP that I can sell any thing from his inventory. Just the problem is no one wants to work the job. All rides on me so I gave up. If I could get maybe 2 or 3 people that would be awesome.

Yeah I'm extremely happy. Will admit the natural herb at night and lot of prayers from all you and others is keeping going. Everyone has been so supportive and helpful. Super cool to ditch the the catheter. Really strange to see how small bladder shrunk up. In a normal human once again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Man it sounds like you're in between a rock and a hard place. Family medical issues are financially devastating for all those involved, I'll likely be a year or more getting my finances straight from my 18 month stint in Grants, NM helping my dad through his brain and lung cancer treatments. 

I'm not sure about the idaho / Oregon areas but are there ample job opportunities for you closer to medical care for your mom? If you could find temporary residence and steady paying job closer to properly equipped medical facilities that provide the services your mom requires, you probably would have a better life balance which would probably greatly improve yours and your mom's mental and physical health. Stress and fatigue can be fatal.

I know it sucks to think about leaving the home you own but self and family are of far greater importance than any material item such as a house or the dirt it sits on. 

23 hours ago, 04Mach1 said:

I'm not sure about the idaho / Oregon areas but are there ample job opportunities for you closer to medical care for your mom?

The problem, MoparMom doesn't want to live anywhere near the city. Not to mention our expenses up here are a fraction of the city. The only monthly bills we have is power, phone and internet. Being M73M handles the phone and internet that leave MoparMom handling the power bill. No water bill, No sewer bill, No trash bill, etc. Being we make our own power and pump our own water. Cost of living here is way low. MoparMom income wouldn't be enough to live in Ontario, OR. Too expensive.

23 hours ago, 04Mach1 said:

If you could find temporary residence and steady paying job closer to properly equipped medical facilities that provide the services your mom requires, you probably would have a better life balance which would probably greatly improve yours and your mom's mental and physical health.

I just need a person will to do the dialysis training that lives up here. The training is 2 months long, 5 days a week, for 8 hours a day. Once I had a person to do the dialysis at home MoparMom could enjoy her retirement here at home and I could go back to work right here in the canyon. I've got plenty of people to work for but with 39 hours a driving a week it tough to work Wednesdays and Fridays. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Not to stir the pot here, but.... you got 4 days off a week Mike. When I was 64 I was driving 15 and working 40 hrs a week. By Friday I felt like crawling into a coffin not bed. By Monday I was okay, not perfect, but okay to do it again. 

You have a great place there allowing you to feel better about life. I wouldn't move.... no way, but I would hang out a shingle for some hours of shop time each week. Even 4 hr days could net you enough to whittle down the medical.

Right now the local economy is very slow till spring time. I'm going to use this time to work primarily on my health FIRST. Then once I'm sure I can handle the stress and workload I'll jump in the saddle of wrench turning. 

I've had a wake-up call. Good Lord gave me a huge warning to change what I'm doing and handle things differently. Like this morning I'm eating health with oatmeal and going to get my tail out to the shop and work on the Cummins. I need to handle the fuel leak issue. Then once I get that handled I can pull my mountain bike out of the woodshed and get it fixed up for riding again. I'm going to start riding my bicycle again and get exercise. 

I'm going to limit my web work a bit for now again focusing primarily on my health and getting into shape. 

As for where we live yeah it long ways from medical attention but... Monthly expenses are a fraction of what people pay in the Ontario - Boise Area. There is no way we could survive down there and with the cost of living. Again here we come back to the current economy and lack of business is a good thing right now I can finish healing and get my body in shape and then jump into the workforce this spring ready for action. 

• Like 1

That sounds like a hell uv a good plan Mike, take care of yourself first. Without your health nothing else matters, I too am a hermit out in the back country and would not have it any other way.

Glad your doing better. and welcome to the world of ageing, sometimes it dont come easy but beats the alternative.

42 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

I too am a hermit out in the back country and would not have it any other way.

:) Hell yeah... Simple life and easy living. 

42 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

That sounds like a hell uv a good plan Mike, take care of yourself first. Without your health nothing else matters,

Oh trust me. I'm talking to many people about diet changes and herbs to help with the blood pressure. Between that and the cannabis at night. I'm super grateful that the cannabis is helping with the healing of my bladder and my right kidney.