• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

No PRNDL Illumination only 3rd gear

C. Lemons

Ok guys. I’ve been fighting this truck for about 2 months.  I was using it as a car hauler when one day my Ecm decided to take a crap.  After troubleshooting and finding a broken ecm pin(fuses b+) i sent the ecm to GOecm in Grand Prairie, tx but they said it was fried.  When they asked me for my numbers on the valve cover so i could replace the ecm i found the sticker was unreadable. Needless to say they wouldn’t sell me an ecm because they couldn’t determine the correct one.  I took it into my own hands and found an 05 auto ecm and bought it.  When i installed it the engine started with a little help and ran.. but wait, i went to press he accelerator pedal and nothing happened.  Found out the engine in the truck is an 04 not 05.  The previous owner had totally swapped to a bellcrank tps and wired it up accordingly.  To make a long story less lengthy I hooked the apps that’s on the accelerator pedal up and wired it to the correct pins going to the ecm. The pedal works but I’m not getting PRNDL Lights, only 3rd gear and reverse, no oil pressure signal and possibly no coolant temp signal from the cluster.  One thing i noticed is when i unplug C2 on the ecm and turn the key on i get my PRNDL illumination back, but if i plug it back in and turn the key forward it lights up for a second then it clicks off.   Anyone know how the apps wiring may have done this? I’m open to all ideas. 

Thanks in advance