• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

5.7 Hemi Ram non vvt 392 stroker

Having issues with grimlings appearing into this build, current mileage 227k on original motor. Started all 4 cylinders misfiring on bank 1. Moved plugs, coil packs, injectors, nothing changed. Pulled compression and got 60lbs, was told “you have internal issue”, decided to split block apart and have a look. Only had 1 minor sticky valve on driver head, still had factory hash marks on cylinder walls, no scratching on cam, crank, nothing. So we bore block .20 over, 4340 forged eagle crank, 32t reluctor wheel, 112-500-11 comp cam, h-beam connecting rods, springs, valves, seats, re-serviced heads. After build was told “ pcm “ replace with new vin programmed, didn’t fix, new injectors, didnt fix, setup tune through diablo with specs on build, truck won’t idle run it down road pull data, review through tune setup, guy says “ everything looks good “. Truck has no power falls flat on its face. Now guys say it’s engine harness “ mind you been discontinued since 2015 for 2007 “ no aftermarket is made either. Checked camshaft and crank sensors “ both good “. Did however find driver o2 fault due to no power signal fixed that with piggybacked wire tapping. Anything I might’ve over looked or potentially should or could try ???? All and any help will be appreciated.

Oh boy... There's a lot of specifics missing in this whole scenario. That's pretty tame camshaft, so it shouldn't give you much trouble. Where did you set the intake centerline when you degreed it? What was your deck height set at? What pistons were used? Combustion chamber size?

• Thanks 1

Just spoke with my engine guy he’ll get with me in the a.m., said deck was standard height with .008 cut off stock heads, Mahle forged pistons, combustion I want to say ended at 9.8:1... will have definite details in a.m. to better assist for your adjustment on what problem could be.

I'm not sure I'll be much help as there are literally hundreds of things that could have been done wrong. I just wanted to get a feel for how thorough of a build this was. In your PM you indicated that your build was identical to the 392 build that I did. If that had been the case, it will require a LOT of tuning, like mine did. But it doesn't sound like there is much similarity between yours and mine at all, other than they're both Hemis.

Retrace your steps, I would say, and reevaluate your setup.