• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

P0122 & P0236

So glad i found this wealth of information, I am already finding it useful. My experience with Mopar is via a 96 Cherokee with a HO and ax15, its reliability is what led me to buy my...

2002 Ram 2500 5.9 HO 6 speed.

I originally noticed a slight hiccup in 5th-6th gear, but nothing substantial as i don't run it hard.

On Christmas eve while driving home i noticed the hiccup tried to gain speed and the issues started.

Drive home was very rough and the pedal was in and out.

Codes given were P0122 & P0236.

I changed the Fuel and water filters.

I also changed the APPS sensor.

The codes still exist.

I followed the Instructions found here

As i do not know if my codes were stored in PCM or ECM I did All the diagnostics.

and on step 6 it leads me to

"If continuity exists, replace and program the ECM. See appropriate REMOVAL, OVERHAUL & INSTALLATION article. "

To make sure this is my issue i ran though the rest of the tests, but I am getting confused at one point in the instructions.

"9. Ensure PCM harness connectors are still disconnected. Disconnect ECM connector. ECM is located on driver's side of the engine, just in front of fuel transfer pump and contains a 50-pin connector. Check for the circuit). If continuity does not exist, go to next step. If continuity exists, repair short to ground in Orange/Dark Blue wire."

First question is which plug on the PCM is A? Far right or Far left when looking into firewall from front end? and where to I check this wire from on the ECM end?

"10. Check Orange/Dark Blue wire for continuity between terminal No. 5 on APPS harness connector and terminal No. 31 on ECM harness connector.  If continuity does not exist, repair open in Orange/Dark Blue wire. If continuity exists, go to next step."

but in step 6

"Check Dark Blue/White wire for continuity between terminal No. 5 on APPS harness connector and terminal No. 31 on ECM harness connector. If continuity does not exist, repair open in Dark Blue/White wire. If continuity exists, replace and program the ECM. See appropriate REMOVAL, OVERHAUL & INSTALLATION article"

Regardless....All my voltages look correct, all the continuity looks correct. I even changed the Sensor and it still throws the code, immediately after a reset and a clear of the codes without even pressing the pedal.

At this point should i just replace the ECM, Or should i troubleshoot the MAP sensor before doing so?

IMG_2074.JPG.dbae7a2191f2fe73617a2585c5b6b09b.JPGIMG_2072.JPG.6c7292c9d5b27eab4bb23e1c43869fbd.JPG

It is very odd that the ecm is seeing input from the apps but it is not outputting the apps.  

Where did you get it?

If you had a p0237 code I would be more inclined to say ecm.  I would troubleshoot the map sesnor code next.  

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

You could have the ECM bench tested for function. 

Who or where do I do that? Would it be the same people that rebuild the ECM? Would AC noise be a possible cause to issues like this?