• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

97 12 valve possible 05 turbo install

I would advise trying to stay away from the manifold swap as they are two different port styles, rectangular on the 12 valve and circular on your commonrail manifold, although I would like to agree with mike in the fact you will benefit from the he351, not a whole lot of fab work that needs to be done to make it work either. I run a milled version of the he351cw and it has absolutely no issues supporting 300 horse I run a 6 x.014 custom injector on a 24v and it gets a bit hot at times but it's an awesome turbo with a fantastic gate setup in the housing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the He351cw on my Fummins, spool up is way quicker do to the tight turbine housing.  If you adjust the wastegate they really run good between 38-50psi boost.  However, longevity is reduced when you push them hard in the 50 psi range.  I try to keep mine around 45 psi.  I'm running around 425 hp.

It is great upgrade for the price.

300 can be had with the stock turbo easily.  Honestly, a little pump tuning on a stock engine will just about do it.

and honest 350hp is all the stocker is good for, that he351 will help take it to the 400-425hp area.

The HE351 didn't seem to have as much scooch below 1600 as the HX35, but after 1700 RPM it's pretty wicked.  The swap can be done pretty easily, just drill out the 2 threaded holes in the exhaust flange, a downpipe adapter, and then a 2.75" to 3" 45° boot for the intake.  You will have to pull the housings off so you can remove the alignment pins out so you can clock the housings.