• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

what are common bad cam sensor symptoms?

been having several issues for awhile now. truck sometimes will not start after being driven, then shut off for a short time. so I lean towards an air leak in the fuel system. secondly, the tach will drop to zero while idling or driving, with significant loss of power and shifting issues. lastly, im on my third throttle position sensor(first actual MOPAR one tho). when accelerating and it finally shifts into overdrive, if you're not getting on the highway and getting on it, and just kind of cruising at 45-55, rpm's start jumping around quite a bit. I was resigned to diagnose all these issues individualy until a friend who is way more familiar with diesels than I am suggested a lot of this sounds like a bad cam sensor. thoughts? 2000 2500 2WD automatic trans

• 5 weeks later...
  • Owner
On 1/15/2019 at 11:48 AM, NorCal2000 said:

its had a constant 1693 for awhile now. i'll have to check on the AC noise. I know ive seen you explain how to do that several times. i'll have to find one of those threads.

Then the ground wire mod after your sure the alternator is good.

On 1/15/2019 at 11:48 AM, NorCal2000 said:

its had a constant 1693 for awhile now.

Get a code reader. The only year the key trick works on for sure is a 2002. P1693 is a code meaning there is codes on the other computer. Get a code reader and report back the error codes.