• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Steering Column, Drivers Seat replacement

Hi All,  I found a column from a 67,000 mile Steering Column on Criagslist, while looking for a Driver seat, tailgate, Bumpers...   Parting out.   So I found a column out of  98-01 Truck Gas 5.9 .  So I assume that I have to swap the ignition switch and move the Overdrive off button over.  Anything else I should know going into this?  I have replaced the Clock spring with an OEM in my truck and it still makes noises while turning, at 320,000 nothing surprises me.  I've read where there is a Bearing replacement at the bottom of the column, with a bushing, so I'll eyeball that prior to replacement.  How robust is the intermediate shaft?  No complaints I've added a Steering Brace between the frame rails and that helped with quite a bit of the hunting.

Seat Cushions, same reason he has the drivers seat out of the same truck (67K Wreck), but it is manual and mine is power seat.  Any problems in moving the cushions over?  My Butt is sore.  My wife says her seat is fine.  I explained that every mile on the truck someone was sitting in the drivers seat.

TIA

Michael

Edited by int3man

11 minutes ago, 99_Cummins_4x4 said:

The seat cushion pad and cover can be swapped over to your frame. 

Does the Seat Bottom Happen Chance swap out with bolts or do I have to un-upholster the seat bottom and move the seat cushion pad over?  The Seat Bottom is dead flat at the back where it meets the vertical part.

Sorry just ignorant.

Michael

Edited by int3man

• Staff

You can remove the seat bottom assembly by just removing the two front and two rear 10mm headed bolts that mount it to the seat frame.

If you lay down in front of the seat you'll see the front two -one at each corner. Then do the same for the rear two bolts.

Edited by 99_Cummins_4x4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 99_Cummins_4x4 said:

You can remove the seat bottom assembly by just removing the two front and two rear 10mm headed bolts that mount it to the seat frame.

Wonderful that is what I was looking for a bolt in solution!!!

Thanks for your prompt response.

Michael

Got Lucky found Stock bumpers for my Rino lined Bumpers and Grill.  IT is an eye full that is for sure.

Any one want Rino lined Front and rear Bumpers including Rubber pads just let me know.  Short of that they are going in the scrap bin!!

I like the look but not enough to live with it the rest of my life!

Michael

16 hours ago, int3man said:

Does the Seat Bottom Happen Chance swap out with bolts or do I have to un-upholster the seat bottom and move the seat cushion pad over?  The Seat Bottom is dead flat at the back where it meets the vertical part.

Sorry just ignorant.

Michael

I did my driver's side cushion last year.  It was pretty easy to do.