• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2005 dodge 3500 auto transmission

O k fellows i have a 2005 170.000 miles transmission works fine but thinking of pre maintance we travel construction i pull 16.000 lb rv worry about breaking down on the road i no there several places to get a trans but I'm concerned about a warranty . also thought about upgrade vb and tc and drive it  or just drive it. So if a person does what i do to make a living thoughts on best thing to do with it i drive the truck little bit but pull rv couple times a year located now in raleigh nc

I wish there was a good answer to this. I too travel construction and have gotten used to being on my own.  There is only so much you can do to get a warranty to follow you around and get the build that want or need. This is part of reason I started doing a lot of my own work. I have a 6 speed in mine. I need to have it gone thru and the felliow  I am going to send it to is in Texas. He is highly recommended and has a great warranty, but to honor it the tranny has to go back to him.

Edited by dripley

I think a shift kit or higher line pressure valve body is a great idea.  The stock clutches are actually pretty decent and a lot of performance builders use them.  The higher line pressure will give you better clamping force on the clutches.