• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

19 minutes ago, dripley said:

Do you have aboost elbow or some other means of stopping the waste gate from opening at about 20 psi? The HX is good into the low 30's but the stock actuator opens around 20. I have a Banks waste gate that opens around 33 psi. 

I have the waste gate plugged. it literally shot right up to 16 and stopped theyre no matter the throttle input although it wasnt on the floor.( I want my truck to last lol.)

14 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I have the waste gate plugged. it literally shot right up to 16 and stopped theyre no matter the throttle input although it wasnt on the floor.( I want my truck to last lol.)

Where's the fun in that!!!!! I good WOT run is a thing of beauty. Even mine with 460k enjoys it. Just beating you up my friend.

Do you have a mechanical gauge to double check it with? It seems the MAP sensor is hard to read for some electronic devices. My SG II reads around 25 psi at idle and only goes to near 37 at WOT. All this while my mechanical gauge reads pretty normal. I dont know anything about @Chris O. device. Are seeing a lot of smoke? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dripley said:

Where's the fun in that!!!!! I good WOT run is a thing of beauty. Even mine with 460k enjoys it. Just beating you up my friend.

Do you have a mechanical gauge to double check it with? It seems the MAP sensor is hard to read for some electronic devices. My SG II reads around 25 psi at idle and only goes to near 37 at WOT. All this while my mechanical gauge reads pretty normal. I dont know anything about @Chris O. device. Are seeing a lot of smoke? 

LOL it just feels like its so hard on it lol. I have a Isspro boost gauge that i need to send back to Genos to get the black face since i ordered the wrong one and then i got to install it. It could be the ABS tool just isnt accurate for boost readings but the truck also feels very laggy at lower rpms. Seems like if i stomp it at 55 in 6th it takesa little while to build boost and then it will shoot to 90 mph really fast. I was pleasently suprised how much top end power theyre was once it built boost but it took forever. Chris O designed and built a tool to access the CCD Network that is really frickin cool! It will puff a good cloud for sure when i get on it. 

15 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

How did you get your hands on @Chris O. tool, I'm jealous. I think 16 PSI is where the quits seeing it, but boost will keep building. Like @dripley said, use mechanical boost gauge to check your boost.

I swappped my gears and need to reprogram ABS crap to solve my ABS issues and @Mopar1973Man offered to let me borrow it. Its super cool! 

27 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I swappped my gears and need to reprogram ABS crap to solve my ABS issues and @Mopar1973Man offered to let me borrow it. Its super cool! 

I see, you must leave close by to MM. I wonder if my tires size needs adjusted also so it reads sensor right. Just doesn't make sense why the other one and rear are fine. PO of my truck did reprogram it for bigger tires so I'm off few mph at 70.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I see, you must leave close by to MM. I wonder if my tires size needs adjusted also so it reads sensor right. Just doesn't make sense why the other one and rear are fine. PO of my truck did reprogram it for bigger tires so I'm off few mph at 70.

Yea it’s wieed my abs kicks in just like when you lock up your brakes on ice. Sounds awful. 

• Owner

Boost fooler being used on the MAP sensor side? That will prevent the boost from going higher. ECM side should never reach 19-20 PSI if so then the defuel software kicks in. The only way to see real boost is Quadzilla or external boost gauge. Quazilla does the same thing, the ECM will hold back to about 16 PSI and ECM continues to fuel like a crazed mule that way.

• Like 1

This is normal.  ECM will only report up to 16 psi.  The Adrenaline will use the ECM for pressure readings up to 16 psi, and then switches to the MAP sensor for anything above.  Fun fact.

Double check with a mechanical gauge when you get one and you'l probably see around 32-33 psi.

Edited by trreed
  • Like 1

• Owner
3 minutes ago, trreed said:

Double check with a mechanical gauge when you get one and you'l probably see around 32-33 psi.

Then some of us topping out at 40-45 PSI with ISSPro EV2 boost gauge. :whistle:

This why I'm not a fond believer of the using the sensor on the engine for reading existing information like boost. The actual design range of the sensor is very low and not really designed to be above the 20-25 PSI mark. Because design wise the ECM would limp mode and defuel and throw the P0234 code. Now Quadzilla still does use the MAP for boost above but like my set up the gauge vs. Quad start to skew going up from 25 PSI and above. I'm using 2001 Map Sensor.

Things should really get nuts when my 7 x 0.010 injectors (320 bar popped) get here... :tongue:

4 hours ago, Marcus2000monster said:

LOL it just feels like its so hard on it lol. I have a Isspro boost gauge that i need to send back to Genos to get the black face since i ordered the wrong one and then i got to install it. It could be the ABS tool just isnt accurate for boost readings but the truck also feels very laggy at lower rpms. Seems like if i stomp it at 55 in 6th it takesa little while to build boost and then it will shoot to 90 mph really fast. I was pleasently suprised how much top end power theyre was once it built boost but it took forever. Chris O designed and built a tool to access the CCD Network that is really frickin cool! It will puff a good cloud for sure when i get on it. 

Next time you want to stomp it like that just roll into throttle and let the boost build to 5 and 10 psi then stomp it. Mine will accelerate faster like that. Gives it chance to get enogh air to burn the fuel better. 

• Like 2

• Owner
2 hours ago, dripley said:

Next time you want to stomp it like that just roll into throttle and let the boost build to 5 and 10 psi then stomp it. Mine will accelerate faster like that. Gives it chance to get enogh air to burn the fuel better. 

That is a problem of the Edge Product canned tunes. There is no way to anything to get the fueling below stock levels. This is something that Quadzilla can do you can cut 50% below stock fuel to control smoke and allow for smokeless boost building.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

That is a problem of the Edge Product canned tunes. There is no way to anything to get the fueling below stock levels. This is something that Quadzilla can do you can cut 50% below stock fuel to control smoke and allow for smokeless boost building.

I have been weighing that one out. In one hand a new Quad and tuning $675 and in the other my foot resisting the urge to just mat it. The second hand is wining out for now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting. 

The wastegate is stuck on my hx 35. 

On my initial test run after injector install I hit 30lbs on the boost gauge and the edge CTS.  

Injectors are 7x.085’s. 

Not exactly sure why or how as I figured the ECM would of limited boost with no fooler.  But it doesn’t.  

19 hours ago, dripley said:

That’s a Texas sized 10/4 good buddy. 

Ive don’t flat foot the throttle unless 5/6 gear when easing off at full boogy then back in it. 

Ive never played under 10lbs.  It’s just a mess. 

Thats the magic # where things get and go. 

Edited by Ben

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Interesting. 

The wastegate is stuck on my hx 35. 

On my initial test run after injector install I hit 30lbs on the boost gauge and the edge CTS.  

Injectors are 7x.085’s. 

Not exactly sure why or how as I figured the ECM would of limited boost with no fooler.  But it doesn’t.  

My ECM sure does. When my Banks tuner went out I had to drive by the boost gauge. Soon as started going at or over the near 20 psi mark the ECM would back the fuel off. Especially while towing. My wastegate does not ope till about 32 or 33 psi.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

That’s a Texas sized 10/4 good buddy. 

Ive never known flat footing the throttle unless 5/6 gear when easing off at full boogy then back in it. 

Ive never played under 10lbs.  It’s just a mess. 

Thats the magic # where things get and go. 

I first noticed this on mine when it was new. Once I put a tuner it seemed to multiply. It still only takes a second or so before full throttle to feel when its time to mat it.