• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Door switch or CTM?

Last night I was doing some stuff and had the door open. Got back in, shut the door and the interior cab lights wouldn't turn off. Also didn't hear the dinger either. Ive read up some on the topic but not much resolve. 

Any ideas? Yes, i checked the rotary dial for gauges, etc. I have been having trouble with my wipers returning to the home position for a while now for over a year. Hoping this doesn't point to a CTM.

Have you pulled the door switch out and checked it. My door switch on driver side has been unplugged since I bought the truck,  I just don't like lights coming on when I open the door for some reason. If I want lights I just use the headlight switch wheel. 

Wipers not returning home, on my truck ended up being a wiper motor. 

The door dinger I'm not sure about,  technically if the keys in the ignition and the door is open ( lights on) then the the dinger should be on. 

• Owner
7 hours ago, hex0rz said:

I have been having trouble with my wipers returning to the home position for a while now for over a year.

Wiper motor for sure. The return/park switch is inside the wiper motor. 

Last night I was doing some stuff and had the door open. Got back in, shut the door and the interior cab lights wouldn't turn off.

Door light are nothing more than a ground pin. So when the door opens the slides outward making contact with the ground. Make sure the pin can be pushed in far enough to turn the lights off. It could be damaged or broken just double check. 

Also didn't hear the dinger either.

Door pin should trip the door chime if the keys are in the ignition or the headlights are left on. Now the panel switch will not trip the door chime at all. It could be a bad headlight switch.