• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Value my truck gonna sell

I'm going to sell my truck I just want to get opinions on what it's worth don't want to sell I love it but I need down payment for bigger truck I use it as a hot shot not a rich boy toy so it's mildly tuned for towing and mpg all parts are good parts no value craft or Chinese parts

Delco Moog etc or better

2000 ram 3500 dually quad cab 550k mostly hey 2x4 gooseneck hitch remote air bags truck is not perfect but in my opinion it is pretty clean one spot on door and some scratches 

Now the list

In the past year..........

Auto to nv5600 swap everything in tranny new except input and output shaft

Dual stage clutch less than 10 k on it

New/fully rebuilt all new parts head stage 1 from dj machine in Cambridge oh titanium exhaust seats

Quad xzt 1000 tune

Cummins head gasket

Arp head studs

New vp44 / bd diesel

+50 injectors

Fass drp lift pump

PS pump 

Steering gear

Pitman

Idler

Lower Moog ball joins

Master cylinder 

Good tires 75 percent or so

There is probably more that I'm forgetting

The only off thing is I run fuel pump on a toggle due to a previous ground issue kept it on switch cause filter changes are great with the switch cause I change it with every oil change 

Rotella religiously at4k

Needs oil pan gasket but isn't very bad 

So what do you guys think a fair realistic price for both parties because I'd like to sell quick and realize I won't get what I have in it

butt I also don't want to bendover to far either lol

11311.png

Guest 04Mach1

The value of your truck all depends on location also. Emission controlled areas like the major cities will give your truck a higher value since their will be people willing to pay more for a legal non-emissions diesel engine. I'd say in a non-emissions rural area like Grants, NM $7k would be a fair asking price, in an emissions controlled urban area like Denver, CO $10k-$12k wouldn't be unrealistic to ask.

• Owner

Still in all prices for Cummins truck out here are typically high in the valley. Even a 2WD 1 ton is a farmer favorite for hauling goosenecks and bumper pull trailers. I'll admit the price is reduced slightly but still extremely popular. 2nd Gen trucks are a local favorite. More of the local ranchers are going back to the 2nd Gens and ditch their 3rd and 4th Gens. Too expensive to repair. 

It would be hard to sell a 2wd here, but value I could see 4-6k if you have documents on maintence history and everything is in order when I looked at it.  

mileage and 2wd would be the biggest issue.  I am guessing you will sit on it for awhile while the right buyer comes along.  

Guest 04Mach1
6 hours ago, Me78569 said:

It would be hard to sell a 2wd here, but value I could see 4-6k if you have documents on maintence history and everything is in order when I looked at it.  

mileage and 2wd would be the biggest issue.  I am guessing you will sit on it for awhile while the right buyer comes along.  

Milage may devalue the truck slightly although I'm sure the engine is still strong, just depends on the condition of the chassis and body. I don't know what 2wd are selling for in Denver but I constantly see them listed for asking prices of $10k up to $20k in various places. I've had numerous offers for my 97 2wd over the years in Denver also and all offers were well above $10k but I'm not interested in selling.

10 minutes ago, 04Mach1 said:

Milage may devalue the truck slightly although I'm sure the engine is still strong, just depends on the condition of the chassis and body. I don't know what 2wd are selling for in Denver but I constantly see them listed for asking prices of $10k up to $20k in various places. I've had numerous offers for my 97 2wd over the years in Denver also and all offers were well above $10k but I'm not interested in selling.

Isn't Denver where weed is legal?  Could that have something to do with the difference in value? ?

Brother-in-law got his 97 Ford F250 totaled out rear-ended by a drunk Insurance paid $9,600 was about 280,000 miles if that's an indicator happened about a year ago.  This was in Washington state have no idea if trucks go higher or lower than other places

• Like 1