• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Alt. Ground mod?

• Staff

In college they taught me to read a sentence over and over until you get it, not going to the next until you understand. It works pretty well. After awhile the complex becomes a simple understanding. It isn't a complex rewiring mod, I think W-T is trying to educate the reader,  which is good.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner

Basically in a nutshell. The alternator charger lead is completely removed from the alternator all the way back to the PDC. Then its cut much shorter and attached to a circuit breaker (150 Amp) and then to the passenger battery positive terminal.

The Master ground is unwrapped down to the splice. The heavy gauge is cut off and leaving the small gauge wires. Now solder or crimp a ring terminal to those ground wires and bolt that terminal to the gear case near the VP44

15 hours ago, Me78569 said:

There is a simplified article, did you hear that?

Yes, I read it and didn't understand it. 

8 hours ago, JAG1 said:

In college they taught me to read a sentence over and over until you get it, not going to the next until you understand. It works pretty well. After awhile the complex becomes a simple understanding. It isn't a complex rewiring mod, I think W-T is trying to educate the reader,  which is good.

Awesome. I tried, couldn't understand anyway. I'm more of a pictures guy anyway. 

My grandfather always said " before you can solve a problem or answer a question, you first need to understand it" sometimes it takes several attempts, walk away have some coffee or tea come back see if anything changes. I had some issues at work that stumped me before, and just taking a breather and coming back later I was able to resolve them. Don't give up it's very simple you'll get it.

• Like 3