• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Code 0216. Fuel Timing pressure

Last night and today was very cold in my area  so last night I started the truck and let it run for about 45 minutes because I didn’t want the diesel to freeze. I have about 3/4 of a tank of diesel. this morning I went to start the truck and it started up I let it run ( not sure how long it ran for before it died) and went in the house. I came back about 45 minutes later and the truck was off I noticed there was zero fuel pressure on my edge controller I went to start it up again And it ran for about 30 seconds And died out.  I noticed the 0216 code which is timing fuel pressure.  I am wondering if the fuel frozen inside the filters or my VP 44 went bad again? I opened the water  separator to bleed the water in fuel came out I disconnected the hose by the VP 44 There was fuel in there as didn’t look frozen.  a lot of blue smoke coming out of the exhaust.   The pressure still shows zero on my edge and for about two months I’ve been having really hard starts in the morning.  I do plug my truck in every night I have a 2001 dodge 3500 5.9 24V 

Edited by KB’s Transporting

What kind of lift pump do you have? Can you hear it running? 0 fuel pressure would worry me, unless its gelled. But sounds as if it is not since fuel came out of the filter houseing and sounds as if the suuply to the VP is not gelled if reading this right. What vuel pressure do you normally see? Cold start in cold weather will produce blue smoke, but it is plugged in all night. Bad VP will produce blue smoke also and you have a 216 code. But it would not hurt to try and warm it up and be sure it is not the pump but gelled fuel. 

The fuel pressure was at 16 PSI‘s last night and today it was at zero. I am going to change the filters tomorrow morning hoping it was gelled.  The truck was running great till this morning. I have a airdog and it was replaced before the holidays 

Edited by KB’s Transporting