• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quad struggles

ROWlegend

So I been in a love/hate relationship with my Iquad for a year now. Today I decided to give it one last try. I uninstalled and reinstalled Iquad app on both my Android devices. Downloaded the tunes directly from this site I wanted and added them, and added, and added. The only one I downloaded would not show up in either device. When I went to import the tune for the second and third time's. It popped up the file already exists BUT it would not display under custom tunes!

So I got to looking at vehicle selection. That's where I saw the differences between devices, same version number. Different title. See pictures

There is also additional Quadzilla test V2 selections in the newer device in addition to the 2 selections for V2 Dodge 1998-2002, v2.7

The older Android has only 1 V2 selection for Dodge 1998-2002 v2.7

Screenshot_2019-01-21-17-32-08.png

Screenshot_20190121-173135.png

So, when I switched vehicle selection from V2 Dodge 98-02 v2.7 to the V2 Dodge 1998-2002 v2.7, the import files showed up!! How the heck would anyone know to switch to the 'other same' vehicle selection?? Why is there 2 for the same vehicle and same version number? Why is it so dam hard to stay connected Bluetooth? I never loose connection to my stereo or my earpiece. I would pay for a longer harness to run the Bluetooth module inside the dash vs engine compartment. 

So there's an update for the Iquad module itself too? Well something else to mess with now. So my versions on both devices are the latest app store versions. The one with extra vehicle selections is the only one that would take the download tunes. Also, I hadn't connected either to the truck yet. That will be a lengthy process of I'm lucky enough to connect AND use the app. It usually just shows gauges and shutdown if I try to change power levels.

So I will try this update to the module and respond. Thanks Moparman.

No there isn't just the iquad app and the box under the hood.  Do you see a tune load process bar on connection?   

If yes,

Does it say there are errors?

If no,

update the app in the play store.   

I have never seen a 98-02 v2 profile.  Something is odd there, I checked the current vehicle profile list and I dont have it.  That leads me to believe your device is somehow storing ghost info.  very odd

• Owner
8 hours ago, ROWlegend said:

How do I update the adrenaline box?

Typically you open the EXE file on Windows OS and it should load the driver for Windows USB. Then you would plug in the Quadzilla module with a USB Mini cord. Then Ask the updates to find the module. If it can find the module then I press update and it will take off flashing the module. 

There were about 2 or 3 updates to the 2.7 firmware. 

Let say... I'm a Ubuntu Linux 18.04 user and can update using VirtualBox running Windows 7. 

Truthfully, I don't know why there is a V2 Dodge 98-02 vehicle selection. It may be that you got an update.json in the middle of a transition. Once you download a vehicle profile it will stay there until you delete the saved information or the whole app. I honestly can't remember when we updated the "name" of the profile to be consistent between the update.json and the vehicle_xxx.json but it looks like you got one that was stupid. Sorry about that. That was my fault. 

If you are running an Automatic. You can modify the wiring harness to put the Adrenaline into the cab of the truck through the clutch plate. I would recommend having a grommet to put in there as well. You will need to find a constant 12v battery supply to tap into for the power and then a good ground, but it has been done before. 

• Like 1

Make sure the iquad is connected to the box under the hood when you look at the datalog.  

Disconnect issues are common with vehicle profile mismatches.  I wouldn't we worried about that yet.  Once we figure out the profiled etc, then you can see if it still does it/.

Ok, needed batteries and time. Finally got truck operational again. Build date does not come up in the catalog. Still 0 it does register gauges and such just no build date info. I even export file amd nothing but zeros in that column. Where else can I find build date?

You don't have V2 on the box under the hood then.  you need to flash it if you want to run V2 or select the non v2 vehicle profile in order for it to work.  

This is why it wont connect worth a darn, mismatch between code sets.

OK, got the module updated and flashed with current version. Tried to load your Tow Twins tune and every parameter of the 43 failed to load. Here's the build date, it shows now.

Screenshot_20190129-190155.png

This is my device I use in the truck, or want to use full time. It's my older droid razor Maxx. It works on but it won't even show an imported tune. When it shows the screen to name the file before saving into custom tunes, it doesn't show a file name, then after I enter one and save, there's nothing to see. Maybe I need a newer device but the newer one doesn't upload right either. Who knows.

IMG_20190129_191948863.jpg

Edited by ROWlegend
Forgot pic

there is something up with your device, it is not downloading the right vehicle profile when it is turned on.  

When you uninstall then reinstall from the play store you should get a "refreshed" list from the quadzilla server and that will match the current version on the box.  

current profile version is V2 Dodge 1998-2002 version 2.7

image.jpg

Edited by Me78569

This is what it shows under vehicle selection now. That other V2 Dodge 1998-2000, the 'ghost' isn't there anymore. Also thought I'd show the iquad version, 1.9.41. 

That is the current version, right?

Screenshot_20190130-105359.png

Screenshot_20190130-105347.png

I don't get it why neither device works correctly. One should work 100%. There shouldn't be so much difficulty hooking up and running a programmer. Starting to miss my Blue Chip box.