• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Front Pinion yoke U joint

Gents,

I replaced my front u-joint at the pinion yoke a few months back. I was in the process of installing my posi lock when I noticed I had another problem??‍♂️.... The caps on that u joint fell out. Does anyone have a spicer part number? I have also attached a picture from my buddies 01 and it has a different yoke that retains the caps. I cannot seem to get a definitive answer for the correct u joint. 

So so far I think I need a spicer 5-7437x but I am still not for certain. Anyone have any ideas? Also, I’m not opposed to switching over to another brand. 

8DBA4692-5906-439D-882C-77D623879AD1.jpeg

F379C7E0-E10E-417F-B67D-6FFE850DAA01.jpeg

FC539339-B28B-4820-8C25-C56B39688A24.jpeg

Looks like your yoke is missing a tab on one side part of why cap came out, and yes I use new strap kit every time also. I personally would stick with sealed spicer. 

Edit 

I just realized that picture with a tab in place is off your buddies truck. If yours doesn't have tabs then they either broke, someone filed them off to fit a different joint or you need a U-joint that uses inside clips to keep caps from sliding out.

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

I just realized that picture with a tab in place is off your buddies truck. If yours doesn't have tabs then they either broke, someone filed them off to fit a different joint or you need a U-joint that uses inside clips to keep caps from sliding out.

The tabs don’t exist. From the research I’ve done there are 3 different sizes. The I just don’t know what size is correct. Would a new strap kit have the tabs?

My yoke is unmolested and I think it’s a hybrid u joint 1330 on the drive shaft and 7250 on the yoke? 

While you are under your truck looking at U-joints better check that double cardan  joint. 

Mine gave up the ghost at 75mph with 8k behind the truck. The 2 year old ac cardone front drive shaft took out the 2 year old transfer case and left me and my 3 year stranded. 

You can look at Denny’s Driveshaft online for some Dana OE parts. 

My local shop wanted $175 for a Dana 80 yoke plus $25 for shipping. Got the yoke, nut, washer, seal and straps for $165 with 2 day shipping. 

Edited by 903Dodge