• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

05 Cummins starts barely runs from south now -13 in Wisconsin

Ok first things first I know the truck is fairly modified but don't know the full details so I'll try not to miss anything.

Truck is an 05 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins turbo diesel 325hp 48re. 190,000

Modifications:

Head studs fire ringed head Hamilton cam don't know specs 

Snow performance water meth kit

S and b air cleaner and afe air horn 

DPS exhaust manifold 

Different turbo still vgt so we were told

Smarty tuner stacked on an edge but is currently stuck on stupid.....

Probably different injectors still waiting on conformation from previous owner

Dad bought truck for kid, kid got fired and was in deep needed money so he sold the truck to us. It had no block heater cord that was put on this morning.

Symptoms,

Cycled grid heaters started truck started as it always has since it got brought to Wisconsin it got down to -23F last night. We went to move it to a heated garage to install cord at this point the truck had gone to 6cyl high idle put it in gear pulled out of the driveway made it a quarter mile before the truck died restarted the truck fine this time no high idle so I gave it throttle and it would run great then sputter and choke out finally got it running enough to make it to the garage three miles away when I was behind the truck it was constantly blowing black smoke and would occasionally blow a puff of thick black smoke and sometimes white. Get it to the shop plug the smarty in with the intent to return it to stock settings and all I get on the screen is per 99.  Have no clue what that means it also has new batteries and nothing added to the fuel.

Nothing added to the fuel and -23 might be an issue. 

As to the Smarty only getting to 99 percent, you have a communication issue. New batteries but are they up to 12.6 as the ecm requires to take a flash?

Https://smartysupport.com

Also confirm cables are in good shape. Which Smarty model?

Clean connections and utilize dielectric grease.

Edited by BrianAtSmarty

Cables seem to be in good shape but cable ends don't get tight enough for my liking Smarty cable is good, batteries are 12.9 equal between both. I didn't anticipate the temperature to get that cold I have now put Justice Brothers diesel fuel anti gel to both trucks the 05 sat in a heated garage overnight its running the way it supposed to again.

It has a Fleece performance cheetah turbo and 100hp dagger injectors which I'm new to as well. What is a dagger injector

We got 18" of snow coming in so I'll be messing with the Smarty tomorrow.