• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

6.7 2018 3500 with asin Tradesman

tonyjsan

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a RAM 3500 dualy, 2018 with 6.7 and the asin. I have a 2002 2500  with 5.9 5 speed I have no plans of getting rid of.

My reason for posting is just some general feedback on folks who might have 2018 or earlier and/or general feedback on the 6.7, such as reliability, performance stock (I plan to keep this one all stock, for now), any experiences with this truck good / bad etc.

Thanks in advance

agreed, my 08 6.7 will out pull the 04 hands down. not even fair to compare them. a roller motor. the 5.9 doesn't like to rev, the 6.7 comes alive over 2500 and sounds like it'll rev well above the 3200 "red line" with ease.

i tow a 13K trailer, with both trucks, the 04 will tow it just fine long as you don't get in a hurry.

the 08 will tow it even in a hurry.

going from phx AZ  to flagstaff az, 5500 ft elevation change in around 90 miles.

On the 04 i can set cruze at 70, it slows to 45 up the hills,

the 08 will hold 70 and even speed up if you ask it to.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 1/28/2019 at 2:00 PM, tonyjsan said:

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a RAM 3500 dualy, 2018 with 6.7 and the asin. I have a 2002 2500  with 5.9 5 speed I have no plans of getting rid of.

My reason for posting is just some general feedback on folks who might have 2018 or earlier and/or general feedback on the 6.7, such as reliability, performance stock (I plan to keep this one all stock, for now), any experiences with this truck good / bad etc.

Thanks in advance

Do you still like it?