• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47RE question

Well this may be more of a general question. Will the driveshaft and rear wheels turn if my truck is up on jack stands? Just finished installing the BD solenoid upgrades in my 01 2500 47re and Im not getting any movement from the driveshaft in any of the gears. Doing a lot of work on the truck which is why its up on the jack stands. 

On jackstands and in park the rear driveshaft will not spin...only in neutral.  The tires will spin in opposite directions equally while it is in park but not in the same direction.  But everything should spin however you want it to when in neutral. 

Edited by Bullet

1 hour ago, billhulbert said:

Well this may be more of a general question. Will the driveshaft and rear wheels turn if my truck is up on jack stands? Just finished installing the BD solenoid upgrades in my 01 2500 47re and Im not getting any movement from the driveshaft in any of the gears. Doing a lot of work on the truck which is why its up on the jack stands. 

Are you saying turning by hand, or say using the engine?

10 minutes ago, billhulbert said:

Using the the engine. I am not sure if the rear wheels need to be weight loaded for drive shaft to turn the rear wheels. Thanks in advance.

They do not need to be loaded.  On jackstands and in D, 1, 2, or R the driveshaft and wheels will turn as fast as you want them to under power of the engine.  If they are not spinning in those gears while on jackstands then you have a transmission problem.  UNLESS you have accidentally bumped the transfer case shifter (4x4) into neutral...then nothing would spin in any gear.

22 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

If you dropped the valve body at all you need to go from P-R-N-D-2-1 wait then go 1-2-D-N-R-P in a really slow fashion so that the valve body has a chance to put Florida into every passageway.

Does our lousy Reading winter weather have you thinking about Florida Pepsi?

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, pepsi71ocean said:

If you dropped the valve body at all you need to go from P-R-N-D-2-1 wait then go 1-2-D-N-R-P in a really slow fashion so that the valve body has a chance to put Florida into every passageway.

The last time I had Florida in every passage way was on the beach in Fort Myers when tide came after trying to drink all the liquor they had down there. That is an impossible task, but it was fun trying.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, dave110 said:

Does our lousy Reading winter weather have you thinking about Florida Pepsi?

Yes it does haha. Especially since I'm down in Dirty Jerzey currently, even though the girlfriend lives in hamburg, I got to see photos of the snow I missed lmao.

Even so dropping that valvebody tonight was brutal as the temperature dropped faster then my kerosene heater could keep up. Not to mention dead shoulders now.

51091443_10156108760160493_3619632999223525376_n.jpg.6299af4639e411d0ca371393bd590ee0.jpg

Edited by pepsi71ocean

9 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

Pepsi I didn't drop the valve body but it did free drain for a few days while it rained here and i couldn't crawl underneath. This is only my second auto ever and I didn't realize that the TC probably drained as well. So it ultimately needed far more fluid then I anticipated. Well she is turning and burning now with no issues. Fingers crossed and thanks again for chimmimg in. Hope you folks stay safe in that weather.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 8:05 PM, Bullet said:

On jackstands and in park the rear driveshaft will not spin...only in neutral.  The tires will spin in opposite directions equally while it is in park but not in the same direction.  But everything should spin however you want it to when in neutral. 

If you have posi traction they won't turn at all in park.