• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diff Covers....................Interesting

dorkweed

• Owner

I've always been the type to overfill the diffs. Normally put my thumb over the hole and pumped in more gear lube.

Now to kind of do my own testing. I've dropped my fluid level to about 3/8" to 1/2" below the fill hole. I made a heavy wire dipstick that is bent at a 90* angle at 1 inch. 

I drove around for about 15 miles and checked the diffs on the cover with my IR temp gun and the most I'm seeing is about 130*F. I'll check with a full 2-hour ride to Ontario, OR and what I get then. If the extra lube is causing drag then I should see a small gain in MPG's.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 2:23 PM, dorkweed said:

I think there was/is supposed to be a 3rd video for this;  but it's held up due to him mentioning NAMES in the 1st two videos.  I read that there's some litigation going on.

Hes just testing different diff covers and documenting it. I don't believe he's trying to sell anything, so is he allowed to say names?