• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Just Installed Quad, now throwing P1693

TheGreatWhite

Like title said I just installed the Quad and fired the truck up to find P1693 and I believe that is Map sensor? I couldn't find a definitive answer online, just something about boost error or something. I can say though that the plug on the Quad harness that the stock plug goes into after replacing it with the one on the Quads harness wont snap over the security tab, if that makes sense. Maybe I'm not pressing it hard enough or maybe it is in there, I don't know however, but I can say it is about to go over and snap secure, it just wont. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Just now, dripley said:

The 1693 is acode to let you there i a code in one of the computers. That means you should code. They codes are listed in the articles section.

How are you checking for the codes?

The turn key 3 times. We have a scanner but its in my moms truck and I am currently waiting for her to get home.

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

likely just related to disconnecting the wiring when the key is on.  I would clear codes and see what codes are left, if any.

I cleared it via the computer (Pressing the pin on the cluster) and it cleared it, turned the truck on, and still had it. I'll try clearing it with scanner and report back

Just now, Me78569 said:

the pin doesn't clear codes

Ok thats good to know, thank you!

Side note: Cool trick with the 4th gens if you didn't know already, to put it into high idle click your cruise on/off twice then hit set and boom high idle! With our trucks had that without wiring in one.....

Our 2nd gen do have high idle and 3 cylinder idle. They have to enabled on the ECM. Takes a DRB III to do it I believe, maybe a Smarty.

Not sure of the year of your truck but only reads both computers on some 01's and most all 02's. That could also be why you are seeing the 1693 code. But I would clear them and see if it comes back as @Me78569 suggests.

Edited by dripley

12 minutes ago, dripley said:

Our 2nd gen do have high idle and 3 cylinder idle. They have to enabled on the ECM. Takes a DRB III to do it I believe, maybe a Smarty.

Not sure of the year of your truck but only reads both computers on some 01's and most all 02's. That could also be why you are seeing the 1693 code. But I would clear them and see if it comes back as @Me78569 suggests.

Well I hopped in it to upload MoparMans winter tune and the code was gone so oh well. And yes I can confirm the smartys do have a high idle, I own an S03 and it was very good about putting it into high idle.

Stupid question but does the Quad allow the truck into high idle? My Superchip believe it or not would give it the fuel for high idle but wouldn't allow it to go into high idle so it just blew a ton of smoke.

19 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Really?? I figured they all would..... What would a transmission have to do with a high idle switch?

Liability reasons I’m sure, since there’s no computer control of the transmission to ensure it’s in park. Which is odd because the semis at work (1998) have this feature, only if both brakes are set though. I’m sure there’s a neutral validation switch built into the air shift mechanism that allows for the confirmation of neutral. 

Nick. There should be a capped green wire with black tracer up by the clutch pedal. I think if that’s grounded, high idle works like it should. 

Edited by trreed

I was speaking of the Smarty being able to enable the ecm to produce high idle. I dont much about Smarty and nothing about Superchip. The ECM on the is capable of high idle but it has ro be enabled.

Edited by dripley

2 minutes ago, dripley said:

I was speaking of the Smarty being able to enable the ecm to produce high idle. I dont much about and nothing about Superchip. The ECM on the is capable of high idle but it has ro be enabled.

So does it go into high idle with the quad? Or do I need to make/ buy a switch?

Just now, Me78569 said:

if you have loaded a s03 on the truck it still has high idle enabled.   Dont use OEM high idle and the quadzilla high idle together they dont play well sometimes.  

you can make a switch or buy one.

No I just installed the iQuad so its not on there anymore.

1 minute ago, Me78569 said:

if you have ever loaded the s03 on the truck the truck still has high idle enabled, regardless of if you remove the tune or not.   The s03 leaves high idle enabled no matter what.

Oh ok cool thank you! Will I have to shut the high idle option off on the Quad or anything? I presume no?