• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

55 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I can have the homeless guys come over and pay them to blend smear it all over.

We need to start a new topic, I tried getting few of them hired back in the day to help in construction they both basically said no thanks, guessing they make more then I do sitting still.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I need some help, checked all my grounds, they look good. My alternator got super hot blew my 140a fuse, so I pulled my diodes out of the alternator and they are smoked... my copper windings are black too. Should I buy a new alt, reman, or get a nice one from mechman? I also really want to do the PCM ground splice repair and the W-T ground mod before I install my new fuse and alt. I understand the PCM procedure but I don't fully grasp the W-T ground mod. Not to mention I can only find @Mopar1973Man's simplified write up and not the original. I'm in a pickle atm.

• Staff

My alternator got smokin hot from a bad cell in one battery. So you got to test them individually for the possible dead short in either battery. I got new alternator and new batteries installed and no more problem.

Edited by JAG1