• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

04 ram 3500 5.9 cummins rev problem

Guest 04Mach1
15 hours ago, yankel crespo said:

My first thought is defective injectors or maybe a sticking actuator on the cp3. Could also possibly be an APPS issue. It almost seems like it wants to run away, If you can get a diagnostic tool with live data capabilities for things like fuel pressure, apps voltage, cylinder misfire it would definitely make diagnostic easier. 

Any faults stored within the ECM or PCM? Not all faults will cause the CEL to illuminate.

This is Cummins QSOL troubleshooting tree for you syptom.

4021271-t041-tr.pdf

The J1939 is a communication link similar to what Daimler Chrysler calls a CANBUS on the Ram trucks.

Edited by 04Mach1

I replaced the FCA about two weeks ago I have no code nor the light of the mill I have also monitored the pressures with my snap and everything looks normal or also replace the return valve back of the head. question is there any way or some company that can send my injectors to check

Guest 04Mach1
6 minutes ago, yankel crespo said:

I replaced the FCA about two weeks ago I have no code nor the light of the mill I have also monitored the pressures with my snap and everything looks normal or also replace the return valve back of the head. question is there any way or some company that can send my injectors to check

Many on here will recommend DAPhttps://www.dieselautopower.com

If you have more than 100,000 miles on the injectors just go ahead and plan on a new 6 pack. Don't do remans... It's an almost guarantee the injectors are failing if you have more than 100,000 miles on them. I know injectors are expensive but a fairly common maintenance item on Common Rail diesel engines.