• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Another Quadzilla question

dave110

Looking over DAPs site at the new quad and I managed to further confuse myself, partially because there are 4 different prices for the 98.5-00 Adrenalin. If I buy the $642 one does it come with V2 tuning or is that extra? Do I need the add on BT module as well? Does a base tune come with it? Will it work on windows 10? In other words will I be ready to go with just the tuner or must I add something?

OK, that was more than 1 question. Thanks in advance.

V2 is the base tune on all of the units now

HOWEVER you cannot custom tune with the pod you need the Iquad setup to custom tune.  Dont bother getting the quad if you aren't going to get the iquad to tune with it.  

It works with windows 10 if you need to reflash the box, otherwise you use your andriod device as a screen.

Hey- I'm jumping in here b/c I've been following so many injector-choice threads that my head is spinning. 

Now it's sounding like I shouldn't worry about injectors (yet).

@Mopar1973man said:

You are better off getting a tuner before considering playing with injectors. Even RV275 are going to be smokey and laggy because of the lack of timing to fit the injectors. This was common back in the days before Quadzilla. There is no way to increase fueling without smoke when you are without a tuner. 

Gotta ask @Me78569- do you agree? 

Goals: I am just looking to get a bit more out of my truck- hopefully some increased fuel economy, and some power.  I don't think I would go over 7x.009 if I went the injector route.  But it sounds like I would be better off putting that $ towards the iQuad.

Does that also hold if I don't plan on tapping the VP?

80% of my driving is DD on 2 lane hwys, 75 miles between stoplights, 65-75 mph.  20% is towing a 20 ft GN stock trailer, with cows or horses.  

So, is it unanimous?- go Quad first, get that dialed in before I worry about injectors? 

2 hours ago, Me78569 said:

V2 is the base tune on all of the units now

HOWEVER you cannot custom tune with the pod you need the Iquad setup to custom tune.  Dont bother getting the quad if you aren't going to get the iquad to tune with it.  

It works with windows 10 if you need to reflash the box, otherwise you use your andriod device as a screen.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/quadzilla-power-1998-5-2000-dodge-5-9l-cummins-adrenaline-with-iquadbt

Is everything I need here? And I want the BT one to use with an Android tablet right?

Edited by dave110

• Owner
1 hour ago, Cowboy Doc said:

@Mopar1973man said:

You are better off getting a tuner before considering playing with injectors. Even RV275 are going to be smokey and laggy because of the lack of timing to fit the injectors. This was common back in the days before Quadzilla. There is no way to increase fueling without smoke when you are without a tuner. 

Basically Edge products (Edge EZ, Edge Comp and Edge Juice) are a canned tune. The software is based on stock injectors. Larger injectors require a shorter amount of injection duration vs a stock injector. So all these canned tune boxes won't work with larger injectors cleanly. 

Capture+_2019-02-07-19-25-11.png

Now Quadzilla Adrenaline you can cut below stock rate. If you set at 100% fuel across the board that would be stock fuel. Like myself I'm running those 7 x 0.010 @ 320 bar injectors. Now Being the pop ressure is higher they are cleaner burning. Require slightly more fuel duration starting at 85% and working my way up to full 150% now.

Capture+_2019-02-07-19-20-06.png

I've got my wire tap turned OFF. I'll come back to that soon. But I'm looking at getting the most MPG's from the injectors as I can. Being that they are popped at 320 bar I needed to RETARD timing. Yeap... Retard it about 3 degrees from what my past injectors need. Net result... 

Weather lows -9*F and highs +33*F for today. The very next MPG after the 15.5 MPG dip was the last run of the 7 x 0.0085 which the pop pressure was way off...

MPG history. Capture+_2019-02-07-19-15-40.png

Cost per mile... 2 cents per mile cheap now even with larger injectors.

Capture+_2019-02-07-19-16-33.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

15 hours ago, Cowboy Doc said:

Hey- I'm jumping in here b/c I've been following so many injector-choice threads that my head is spinning. 

Now it's sounding like I shouldn't worry about injectors (yet).

@Mopar1973man said:

Gotta ask @Me78569- do you agree? 

Goals: I am just looking to get a bit more out of my truck- hopefully some increased fuel economy, and some power.  I don't think I would go over 7x.009 if I went the injector route.  But it sounds like I would be better off putting that $ towards the iQuad.

Does that also hold if I don't plan on tapping the VP?

80% of my driving is DD on 2 lane hwys, 75 miles between stoplights, 65-75 mph.  20% is towing a 20 ft GN stock trailer, with cows or horses.  

So, is it unanimous?- go Quad first, get that dialed in before I worry about injectors? 

never less than 7 x .010's if you are going with a quad.  The 7 x .010's are a perfect match for an hx35 without wiretap leaving.  Tuning first is a good idea

15 hours ago, dave110 said:

https://www.dieselautopower.com/quadzilla-power-1998-5-2000-dodge-5-9l-cummins-adrenaline-with-iquadbt

Is everything I need here? And I want the BT one to use with an Android tablet right?

that's it  unless you want fuel pressure as well.  They dont include that by default as most guys already have a mech fp gauge.,  

Edited by Me78569
  • Thanks 1