• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 auto, Rattle near steering column

My truck has a rattle near or in the steering column. I thought this will be easy. Removed most of the plastic on that side. Expected to find a wire bundle rattling on the plastic. Had it apart twice. Any ideas. I know this is a stretch.

3 minutes ago, Nekkedbob said:

Both of my 2nd gens had a rattle in the columns that turned out to be the bottom bushing. Open the hood and check the steering shaft for side to side play. There is a fix but I cant remember what it is called. Maybe some one can chime in.

I have seen a Delrin Bushing Kit replacement for the "Bearing" that is installed at the lower end of the steering gear.  There is a clip ring a preload spring.  I saw the fix on You Tube?

Michael