• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can anyone truly help me find a way to disable my fuel system?

dreamy.dancer

Hi there

I have spent more hours than I care to admit researching how to disable my truck's fuel system?? so I can do some testing of my starter without it actually starting. I have a 2006 Ram 3500 diesel and my year has a very simple tipm with, in my opinion, very few fuses and there are no relays in there as there seems to be in other years. For some reason my owners manual did not even contain the pages showing the fuses and what they are for, however, I believe I have finally found the correct info in that regard. From what I've read I could pull the starter relay or a fuel related relay and that would allow me to crank without starting. 

The problem is I do not know where my relays are located and I have read conflicting info about the starter relay which might not even exist in my truck as it is possibly controlled by the computer. If anyone has a 2006 diesel and can direct me to the location of a relay or a fuse or anything that would help me do my testing I would be grateful. I would love some input before I start randomly ripping apart my motor looking for the elusive relays that may be under my tipm or somewhere else. Help please it's snowing heavily so I do not want to spend futile hours freezing my butt off. 

Thanks Cheri 

• 4 weeks later...

AH64ID's method is the best, as far as I am concerned. 

I'm not sure about a 2006 (I thought I was in the gen 3 2007.5-2009 area) but there IS a relay for the lift pump in the TIPM, but your truck has two pumps, the lift pump, and the fuel pump. Fuel pump is driven by a gear on the engine, only the lift pump is powered by DC.

2006pumprelay.jpg