• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ECM/PCM

I'm not in need of one their add keeps showing up on my Facebook and I was just curious. From what I read these are brand new units not repaired ones they build then flash to the vin of the truck.I would hope they are anyway for $900.

• Staff

Maybe they notify wrecking yards to buy the units as soon as they come in. If they make a higher offer than everyone else they get the units. Then sell em to us at a mark up.

If they come from a wrecked vehicle they are more likely to be functioning units and don't want to do repairs on your non working unit.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Some information I got a couple years ago was that there is a fuse inside the ECM that often burns and is just a matter of soldering in a new fuse. The problem is dealing with the gel and getting the case open. The fuse also does not look like a normal style fuse, but like a very small component.