• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel knock or timing knock or something else?

• Owner
1 minute ago, Collinst15 said:

@Mopar1973Man  okay thanks.  new to the tuning game.  Ill load your 7x.009 tune and run it on way home tonight and data log truck 

Tim

A correction, that is a 7 x 0.010 @ 320 bar tune. :whistle:

Version 1.1.0 is a safe tune yet. I've not released my crazy timing tune yet... Coming soon.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

I got the tune loaded into the quad and have been running it on level 0 just to data log.  I have to find time to get to a back road so I can figure out several parameters so I can adjust tune to my injectors.   @Mopar1973Man does my truck sound like it should with 100hp injectors? (Video below and above.) Truck definitely sounds different and i feel the knock sound from before is gone.

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by Collinst15
Video added

Quick question everyone,

It has been nearly a week since I've installed the Quad, I have been running it on the default setting after I downloaded @Mopar1973Man economy tune.  I turned quad up to level 3 today and wow.... what a difference truck is a rocket.  My question is:  My father in law thinks the sound that I think is a lope from injectors is not supposed to be there.  He thinks it is air in the system.  I have not had any hard start issues since installing injectors on 4/20/19.  Anyone think the sound in the video is normal or possibly an injector/air issue? 

Thanks,

Tim

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone,

Just little update after a couple tanks.  Truck still runs amazing, I put my wife in the back of her seat and made her drop her phone because she did not expect it.  Truck is an absolute dream to drive.  No complaints about the 100hp DAP injectors or the Quad Adrenaline.  I have averaged 15mpg using @Mopar1973Man's economy tune and @Me78569 mid injector daily tune.  I am running the Quad on setting 3 as I have not installed the BD stealth cover yet to tap the pump.  One question for everyone, will tapping the pump increase mpg?

Tim

2 hours ago, Collinst15 said:

One question for everyone, will tapping the pump increase mpg?

No, it feels like it does though. Best way to increase mpg is smaller tires and slower speed, as little boost as possible with little engine load. 

The best way to tell is on a fill up. Calculate the mileage and see what happens. New mine got 18 mpg on the highway. Now 467k miles later I am at 19.5. RV275's and an Edge Comp, pump tapped. Most all claim "possible mpg gains" but thats iffy at best. Just have to see what yours responds too.You are already on the right track with the comp, tap the pump and see when you are ready.  

I have been filling up at 1/2 a tank.  Filled up yesterday 1/2 tank, used 20.405 gal and went 313 miles.  I did tow my camper home from storage 30 miles so figured this may of caused the lower mpg.  Shall see how this tank goes.  I'd love to get different tires, but the 285s have 3k miles on them so I'll be running them until they need replacement.  I'm happy with power and if it means I average 15 that's fine, its alot better than 12-13 I was averaging in winter.   

Tim