• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com

We can see that your guest and been lurking about. When you register on the Mopar1973Man.Com site you'll be able to interact with all the other members. This is the most friendliest Cummins forum you'll ever join. Take the time right now and  REGISTER  on the Mopar1973Man.Com this will open up many more options and functions on the website. Everyone is very friendly and helpful just ask questions and everyone will help you out the best they can. 

Sign in to follow this  
wil440

Ram 2500 5.7 Hemi dropped a valve seat

Someone I know over here has just bought a 03 2500 5.7 Hemi, seller sold as faulty with suspected HG, turns out it's dropped a valve seat on number 1, I guess over in USA this is no biggy, here in UK it's pants down and assume the position, Rockauto has reman heads for a reasonable amount, I've advised to replace both, cylinder looks from pictures to be scored I did say rock for pistons/rings etc but then noticed they sell a cylinder repair sleeve, anyone used this ? Has the Hemi got liners or is the block bored big and the sleeve pressed in ? if thats so he would at least need info from a good shop over there for the bore size as no one here would have a clue how to do it.

Any help or advice or parts appreciated