• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1999 24v Cummins Class A issues

Got an issue with my class a.

New VP44 and FASS.

I've had some wiring gremlins. RV sits on the coast of CA so there has been some corrosion in wiring from moist air.

The point I'm at now the RV will start up, run for a little while and die. If I turn the key off for a minute or so and turn back on all is OK. If when the engine dies I automatically try to turn key off and back on the "Wait to Start" does not come on and battery gauge show's nothing. 

One set of batteries main power source seemed to have a short in it and would cut the RV out if I grabbed it. Grid heater relay seemed to get stuck on while troubleshooting a no start issue prior and it is disconnected. 

Also, when the RV starts back up it still will always die shortly after. It just is able to start no problem if I wait but always repeats dying like I turned the key off