• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

CACA Bluetooth Stereo

• Owner

I'll start my own thread. I finally ditched my old Kenwood Stereo MP3 player. I got to the point I gave up on cutting MP3 discs and audio CD's. I start just using the cellphone. Bit just an awful lot of plugging and unplugging the cellphone just for music. I was hunting around and there is a lot of double DIN stereos out there. Then there is lot of single DIN with flip up screens. I couldn't find any of the flip down screens. I focus back to a single DIN stereo with bluetooth. I stumbled across CACA In Dash Stereo on Amazon for a whole $38 bucks. I was kind of skeptical because of it cheap China made stereo. I'll admit the there are no instructions for this stereo. Basic wire map that all. Rest you on your own. I installed rather easy using my old dash filler plate. I forgot to hook up the antenna. So today I've got the reverse camera hooked up and it works really well. 

DSCF4540.JPG

Camer automatically pops up when you shift to reverse. It also cuts the audio / music when you do which is fine. 

20190224_161540.jpg.910c2a889031a6b75f27

The camera is rather cheap. The bracket is very thin metal. What I did was grabbed another scrap piece of metal and soldered the camera bracket to the scrap metal. Currently, I've got it ziptied to my bumper through the hitch ball holes above. I'll grab fender washers and long bolts and bolt that up to the bumper. I'm slightly offset from center but I can back right up to my trailer easy now. 

20190224_161600.jpg.c39e772a3d83ec22a9e8

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

10 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

How does it interface so that it automatically turns on when you shift into reverse?

Pretty simple. When power is applied to the camera leads then the camera is activated. When the video signal is seen by the stereo then the stereo mutes and displays the video from the camera. 

11 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

How did you route the camera cable from the stereo to the camera?

Simple too. Just came out of the stereo then through the firewall. Down to the frame and ran with the tail light wiring. 

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Pretty simple. When power is applied to the camera leads then the camera is activated. When the video signal is seen by the stereo then the stereo mutes and displays the video from the camera. 

So does the camera tie in somewhere to your reverse lights?

• Owner
6 minutes ago, dave110 said:

Is there really no AM band or is that just a misprint?

Not a misprint. Pressing BND button only goes to FM1, FM2 and FM3. Being there is no FM or AM stations out here really in no big deal for me. I've got to be south od Council to get Boise radio stations and north of Grangeville to get Lewiston Radio stations. 

I have my camera on the toggle switch, that way if I'm pulling a trailer or just want to see what's going on behind I can flip it on, Got It so if I backup to a trailer I could see the ball latch and all, pretty handy.

On 2/24/2019 at 8:30 PM, Manimalmother said:

Truck nuts?

Just the driver

• Owner
44 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I have my camera on the toggle switch, that way if I'm pulling a trailer or just want to see what's going on behind I can flip it on, Got It so if I backup to a trailer I could see the ball latch and all, pretty handy.

Just the driver

Got that too. I've got a force ON switch for the backup lights so I can hitch in the dark. This functions the same way with the radio I can toggle that switch on the camera is on while traveling forwards. 

46 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

Just the driver

I'd hope so I'm a guy... Also, I happen to be the ring leader... :poke: