• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

47re shifts better when cold

As the title states. My 47re actually shifts a lot smoother when it’s cold. The shifts can be quite hard once its warmed up especially in light throttle conditions. I’ve tried google but can’t find anyone with a similar issue..

I have a suncoast triple disk, dynamic VB, and all the billet stuff. 

Other than the trans everything else on the truck is stock. 

5 hours ago, Stormin08 said:

smoother as in NOT SO HARSH ?  thicker fluid wont flow as fast and can create a cushion for engagement. not always a good thing.

No I’d say the shifts are faster and crisper when it’s cold. Once warmed up the shifts are actually quite hard unless I’m heavy on the throttle then they’re better. 

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Adjust your throttle valve cable. Make it a bit less pull and this will lighten up more. 

All this stuff has been in for about 1k miles so it’s time to drop the fluid and I’m going to recheck the bands.(clutches and band are new raybestos GPZ) 

I was actually thinking that I would tighten the tv cable up a little bit at the same time. The shifts are pretty stacked with light throttle. 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

I adjusted the TV cable and got 1-2 and 2-3 pretty good but now I have an OD issue. 

For or some reason with light throttle it will try for OD at around 40mph. It’s almoat as if it instantly realizes it’s too early and it will drop back down to third then shortly after back up to OD around 46mph. If I’m heavier (50% plus) on the throttle the shift is much better up around 50mph. 

I don’t have an ac noise issue and I did an apps reset and checked that the voltage through it’s range is smooth and linear. 

What could make it try it try to grab 4th gear so early? The whole truck shudders when it happens. Seems to be more occurring when it warmed up too