• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Qaudzilla woes

Well finaly got my qaudzilla back. They replaced the circuit board and sent a brand new wiring harness.Reinstalled it last night and now have some different issues. First off i now have a whining noise at all times that follows engine rpm. Second my truck idles a bit more rough with it installed and when free revving the engine at about between 1k and 2k rpm there is a dead spot in the rpm band. i can stomp it at idle and it will just drop out and come right back. When returning the tune level to zero it idles and revs perfect. Wht the heck is going on? This is stock v2 tuning as well. Havnt started the custom stuff yet. The rpm issue also does it under load. I will get on it and it will hesitate a tiny bit and go again. Please help. Thanks 

• Owner

Did you update the Quadzilla box to current software? I would suggest making sure the new board is up to date first. 

7 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

when free revving the engine at about between 1k and 2k rpm there is a dead spot in the rpm band.

There is no free rev fuel table. The timing is not designed to free rev. Simple solution, don't free rev the engine. Might check the fuel table for a slider that is smooth in the curve like one that is bottom out.

9 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

my truck idles a bit more rough with it installed

Now make sure your APPS is actually making it to idle state. When the APPS is at idle state the ECM is direct control of the idle speed and the Quadzilla is ignored. Quadzilla should not come to action till after 1,000 RPM.

15 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Did you update the Quadzilla box to current software? I would suggest making sure the new board is up to date first. 

There is no free rev fuel table. The timing is not designed to free rev. Simple solution, don't free rev the engine. Might check the fuel table for a slider that is smooth in the curve like one that is bottom out.

Now make sure your APPS is actually making it to idle state. When the APPS is at idle state the ECM is direct control of the idle speed and the Quadzilla is ignored. Quadzilla should not come to action till after 1,000 RPM.

How do i check for updates? 

That is rather strange for it to be normal to just cut out when revving. I dont like that at all. Does your truck do that? 

The apps always falls back to zero % at idle is this what you mean? 

Also my truck has been eating map sensors. Last one from napa lasted a month. The one before from cummmins lasted 6 months. Thinking theyre is a deeper issue. 

• Owner
Just now, Marcus2000monster said:

How do i check for updates? 

The current release of the flash update.

2 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

That is rather strange for it to be normal to just cut out when revving. I dont like that at all. Does your truck do that?

Yes. Because there is no free rev fuel and timing table. Free revving needs a fairly steep timing curve to do it. Quadzilla team didn't see a reason for free timing table and left it out. 

3 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

The apps always falls back to zero % at idle is this what you mean?

Well, that is half of it. The other half is the IVS switches. (Idle Validation Switches) will ground when they are in their particular mode. The idle state will ground the idle leg and then flip-flop and ground the throttle pin when not in an idle state. Typically I check by my exhaust brake or high idle kit for that. If the exhaust brake works then the IVS is hitting the idle state. High Idle is the same way if the IVS is in the idle state then it should engage high idle modes. 

12 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The current release of the flash update.

Yes. Because there is no free rev fuel and timing table. Free revving needs a fairly steep timing curve to do it. Quadzilla team didn't see a reason for free timing table and left it out. 

Well, that is half of it. The other half is the IVS switches. (Idle Validation Switches) will ground when they are in their particular mode. The idle state will ground the idle leg and then flip-flop and ground the throttle pin when not in an idle state. Typically I check by my exhaust brake or high idle kit for that. If the exhaust brake works then the IVS is hitting the idle state. High Idle is the same way if the IVS is in the idle state then it should engage high idle modes. 

Live data tool will show IVS state correct? 

• Owner
1 minute ago, Marcus2000monster said:

Live data tool will show IVS state correct? 

No. The only tool that would is the DRBIII tool from the dealer. 

I'm going to say start with the update. We don't know what version you are starting from. This just levels the playing field. I'm going to bet the APPS is fine but the flash is old version on the Quadzilla.

you should always have the ablity to flash your box.  however it isn't causing your issues. 

1st, don't free rev.  it serves no purpose and there is no maps in the quadzilla as it is not important.  Tune on the road.  

2nd the quad doesn't do anything at idle state unless you have quadzilla high idle enabled.   Since you have oem high idle, dont enable quadzilla high idle. 

tune your truck, the base tune is not meant to be a great tune, it is meant to be safe across the board.   

What do you mean whining noise?  Is it coming from your speakers or is it mechanical?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

you should always have the ablity to flash your box.  however it isn't causing your issues. 

1st, don't free rev.  it serves no purpose and there is no maps in the quadzilla as it is not important.  Tune on the road.  

2nd the quad doesn't do anything at idle state unless you have quadzilla high idle enabled.   Since you have oem high idle, dont enable quadzilla high idle. 

tune your truck, the base tune is not meant to be a great tune, it is meant to be safe across the board.   

What do you mean whining noise?  Is it coming from your speakers or is it mechanical?  

It has to be mechanical. Follows engine speed. 

My box didnt come withb an update cable is it a common cable or special order online? 

• Owner
3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

its a standard mini usb. 

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Charging-Controller-Players-Receiver/dp/B00P0GI68M/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1E3VLKQW3QHPF&keywords=mini+usb+cable&qid=1552062277&s=gateway&sprefix=mini+usb%2Caps%2C251&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I dont see how a mechanical whining noise could be related to the quadzilla. 

Unless this is the first time he really heard the turbo spool. (Just kidding...) :lmao:

I'm having this weird thing going on with my 01. It happens I believe on all my tunes, but definitely when I'm on @Me78569 big injector daily tune and the performance tune that if I'm above power lvl 2, in second gear accelerating, it'll be going fine, then it's like fuel hits it all at once and not really stutters, just gets louder... If that makes sense? Anybody know what that is?

Just now, TheGreatWhite said:

I'm having this weird thing going on with my 01. It happens I believe on all my tunes, but definitely when I'm on @Me78569 big injector daily tune and the performance tune that if I'm above power lvl 2, in second gear accelerating, it'll be going fine, then it's like fuel hits it all at once and not really stutters, just gets louder... If that makes sense? Anybody know what that is?

Gotta be something with your timing tables? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

data log the issue. 

data log the issue.

data log the issue.

If you ANY issue with your tune, datalog it happening and look at the log.  

16 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

data log the issue. 

data log the issue.

data log the issue.

If you ANY issue with your tune, datalog it happening and look at the log.  

I haven't played with that feature but I definitely will, didn't even think to try that...

It should be your first stop.  It is a hugely powerful feature.  

Also I would not be using a "big injector" tune on a truck with 7 x .009's    the big injector tunes are designed for 200 + hp injectors  

• Like 1

• Owner

@TheGreatWhite You might want to read over this too.

Just now, Me78569 said:

It should be your first stop.  It is a hugely powerful feature.  

Also I would not be using a "big injector" tune on a truck with 7 x .009's    the big injector tunes are designed for 200 + hp injectors  

Might edit that up and define what a big injector tune really is... Suggestion.

1 minute ago, TheGreatWhite said:

I thought it said it was for 7x.009 as well...? Could have sworn it did.....

There are 4 different large injector tunes I see, they all say 7 x .011 or bigger 

What tune are you running?

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Might edit that up and define what a big injector tune really is... Suggestion.

they show injector size in the description currently.  

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

There are 4 different large injector tunes I see, they all say 7 x .011 or bigger 

What tune are you running?

they show injector size in the description currently.  

I apologise, I was in a hurry and threw down "big injector" when I meant "bigger." I'm running your "mid injector" tunes.

Edited by TheGreatWhite