• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Driver's Door Lock

Brubro67

I am on my second door lock on the driver side. Both times, same thing. Interior lights keep coming on and doors unlock when everything is closed. it happens randomly for no reason.

System thinks the door is ajar. Since I'm on the second one, what are the odds? Anyone have this issue or know the fix?  Replacement door lock was oem.  Are the contacts bad?

Disconnected everything, cleaned all contacts & no change.  Adjusted alignment several times, bent contacts slightly towards center to guarantee good contact, no change.

Door closed sensor is still sporadically not sensing closed door. 

The closed door sensor is in the lock mechanism, correct?

Anyone else experience thiis issue?  This new door lock is 1 1/2 years old, oem.   Anything else possibly causing nthis?  If door closes hard, sensor seems to work better.  Cant believe a second one is bad already.