• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stupid Alarm System.....

Just thinking about this. My Chrysler 300m's alarm started to develop a mind of it's own, going off randomly for no reason.  I searched for a way to disable it and came up empty. I discovered that it will not arm if you manually lock the doors. That's what we've been doing for better than a year now. Don't know if theses trucks are like that or not. Worth a try I guess.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
3 hours ago, IBMobile said:

What is it doing wrong?

When I unlock the door with the key on the drivers side the interior lights do not come on which also means the alarm is still on. When I unlock the door on the passenger side there is no problem, the lights come on and the alarm shuts off. I can open that door without a problem of setting off the alarm.

I figured out the problem today when removing the drivers side door lock actuator. I discovered the problem was in the switch above directly behind the cylinder lock. It is a switch that's only function is to turn on the inside lights and shut off the alarm and signals to the door lock actuator on the passenger side to either lock or unlock the passenger door. I looked around for a part number on the net and LMC truck parts catolog, but could not find any reference for it. So I went about finding a way to fix it temporarily after finding that if I held it a certain way it would work without fail. I simply zip tied it to the slight tilt I held it at and now works on every try. Hoping I can find a new switch before it acting up again.

Thanks for all the interest in being a helpful group. The morale and support is great. As always I learned a bit more today. A good feeling having some knowledge about a problem over a dark abyss and resorting to target practice over it. :thumb1:....... The Henry rests!

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff
6 hours ago, dripley said:

A noise canceling chicken is all you really needed. Never hear the hear that pesky alarm again.

So you got destructive chickens that you can just point and it's taken care of? Please don't show them my picture.... :thumb1:

5 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

One thing I'm glad I don't have on my truck. Yeah it's cool that you have a security feature from the factory but where do you buy the parts for 17 year old truck now? Is there anyone at a dealer that still knows how to operate a DRBIII tool for 17 year old trucks? 

I'm puttin it on your truck next time I see you.:punish:

At any rate I may have discovered or gotten an idea how to permanently disable that alarm. It would have to be something you do with that switch behind the key lock/ cylinder. Somehow make the truck think it's always unlocked with the key, but somehow separate the inside lights to go off as they should when you start it. I think you would loose the ability to unlock or lock the other door too, but that's how non alarm trucks are set up anyway.

Edited by JAG1

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

So you got destructive chickens that you can just point and it's taken care of? Please don't show them my picture.... :thumb1:

I wont, but emailed them address.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

. I think you would loose the ability to unlock or lock the other door too, but that's how non alarm trucks are set up anyway.

Not sure i understand this. My fob unlocks both doors. 

• Staff
5 hours ago, dripley said:

Not sure i understand this. My fob unlocks both doors. 

Mine too on the 02 with the fob but, with the key it only unlocks one door, on the 01 with the alarm you can unlock both doors from either side using the key. or the fob.

• Thanks 1

• Staff
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:57 AM, JAG1 said:

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:59 PM, dripley said:

I wont, but emailed them address.

To late!  One got to JAG1.

thC5I7HTX1.jpg.7b9722718ce762993b32e5875e6f8510.jpg 

• Haha 3