• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

NV4500 temps with coolers

I wasn't trying to jack a thread. Cuda posted he had a Mag-Hytec and hadn't put it on yet. I mistakenly thought it may be a good time to bring up the Banks video. I am not a Banks fan or follower.

• Like 1

I got a fast cooler on one side filter on the other I also have mac high tech rear disc cover with 8 quarts of Amsoil. When I used to tow trailer a lot more often my rear end was pretty warm to the touch, after Hi-Tech cover and double oil capacity it is now warm. So I know it worked for me. As for coolers, I did not measure temperature before I only put the probe in after cooler installation. As for wrapping exhaust with a blanket I made a heat shield and clamped it on. Not sure if it helped but I want to think it did.20160520_180926.jpg.30cb480947cf3d1fae47acff50412d70.jpg20160520_180855.jpg.894b2e073bc891a8821b973d84ad2a08.jpg20160520_180926.jpg.c81c2ba2678d507f4b9ed9e18a54cbec.jpg

4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Might want to catch the diff cover thread. Someone can point you to the videos. I'm on the road.

If you're talking to me, I have seen them and like mentioned above no outcome yet. I got rear cover when I got the truck before much research, but it did lower my temp by feel, I didn't have a temp gun then, just putting my hand on axle was pretty warm before rear cover and later I could let my hand rest on axle it was just barely worm. Could it be more fluid, probably, all I know is it helped. If I had to do it again, I probably wold not spend the money on it. I probably wouldn't spend half the money I did... but knowledge comes with time and if you don't know you have to pay.

On 3/18/2019 at 5:52 PM, Dieselfuture said:

I got a fast cooler on one side filter on the other I also have mac high tech rear disc cover with 8 quarts of Amsoil. When I used to tow trailer a lot more often my rear end was pretty warm to the touch, after Hi-Tech cover and double oil capacity it is now warm. So I know it worked for me. As for coolers, I did not measure temperature before I only put the probe in after cooler installation. As for wrapping exhaust with a blanket I made a heat shield and clamped it on. Not sure if it helped but I want to think it did.20160520_180926.jpg.30cb480947cf3d1fae47acff50412d70.jpg20160520_180855.jpg.894b2e073bc891a8821b973d84ad2a08.jpg20160520_180926.jpg.c81c2ba2678d507f4b9ed9e18a54cbec.jpg

Your tranny is almostmas well oiled as mine, externally that is. But under carriage has you beat hands down. The good thing, no rust anywhere.

2 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

You gonna make me want to check it now, you're talking on the filter by exhaust right?

Oh yeah. But looking closer they do look like paint drips. Mine is defintely oil. Leaky rear main seal and maybe some blow by from the head. Parking the truck on Monday to pull the head and we will see about the vlow by. 465k on this engine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dripley said:

Sure looked like well seasoned dripping oil to me.

3 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

You gonna make me want to check it now, you're talking on the filter by exhaust right?

Just say that you used oil based paint.

- John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1