• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can't sleep bad ideas in my head

Ravewolf

On 9/29/2019 at 3:22 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

There is truth in that statement. I'll admit it freely being I deal with it daily. 

As for Ford or Chevy you are trading on problem for another. Sad part is the electrics have to follow to be right. Nothing to gain. Then if you ditch it then it get even worse with diagnostic being broke and OBDII plug no longer. Then all the other thing trying to make it work. Body is a body. But making the Cummins work in another body fully is near impossible to keep all the functions working completely.

Dodge electrics...... now thats why they don't work so good

Screen-Shot-2019-09-28-at-11.17.51.png

• Haha 1

• Owner

1998.5 to 2002 was a red headed step child truck. What I've found out back in 1996 we still had the p-pump but federal regulations forced the OBDII requirement on all vehicles. This meant that Dodge had to upgrade to something. I found that Dodge was already playing with CR injection was hoping to get that finished up so to make the deadline they released the VP44 engine to fill the gap till CR injection could be finished. This means that Dodge chopped right in the ECM and made a mess out of the electrical to stack in the ECM quickly. This was done away with in the CR realm. So we have the redheaded step children of trucks. 

• 3 months later...
  • Staff
On 10/3/2019 at 10:18 AM, wil440 said:

Dodge electrics...... now thats why they don't work so good

Screen-Shot-2019-09-28-at-11.17.51.png

Mike Nelson said, 'go plug your RV in over there'. Waited for just the right moment, and got me in the face'.

• Haha 1