• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Leaf springs/ replacement broke

Last fall I broke a leaf spring mid pack in the spring pack on the drivers side.  That spring pack according to the manual needs the tank dropped ugh.  So I used a heavy duty rubber strap to hold it together and it has worked fine so far.  Now the passenger side broke(I would take a dirt road over how bad these paved roads are) unfortunately that one was the last spring before overload and that pack is less than 5 years old(replaced this side once already). Any suggestions to temporarily fix? Or....

Can someone please recommend a quality source for a replacement set and any suggestions for ease of removing drivers side spring would be appreciated thanks.

• Staff

Benz Spring in Portland, Oregon has a great reputation for making custom springs. You could give them a call since they know what they could do for you and have them shipped. Their pricing wasn't bad the last time I dealt with them on my old first gen. That was quite a while ago though as I'm old fart now according to the Millenials. 

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

I have broken one spring in a stack on 4 different trucks and just went to a custom spring place and ordered just the broken one and restacked them. Some places will know what you need right off hand but others needed the spring in hand before they can help you.

Thanks for the information I went to a spring shop here in Wisconsin to replace the passenger side.  That side was done years ago and has now broke again, that spring has maybe 1/3 of the miles on it compared to the drivers side that is now also broke.  Do any of you know how well these options you suggested will hold up?  Mind you this truck has a 60/40 life meaning less than half of the time I am on inprovded or paved roads.  I will have to call Benz and check out superlift

Haha us used to salty suck of the salt belt has come up with some creative home remedies over the years.  Such as clearance aisle synthetic motor oil of any flavor into a garden sprayer and cover every nook and cranny with oil doors fenders wheel arches I mean everything I have no rust on the newer body that has spent 5ish years up hear now with almost 380,000 miles.  That being said you are right it is a constant fight, this spring I'm setting aside 500 per month for four months to repair deer strike damage rock chips and broken bumper plastics along with replacing and repainting the tail gate which is heavily damaged and also a sorta fit certain fit pos.....

Edited by WiscoRedkneck
Most myself included dont what a garden sparkler is darn auto correct
  • Like 1