• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil and filter what do u guys run

1 minute ago, dripley said:

Donaldson DBL7349 and Delo 400 or Rotella. Just the dino stuff.

Any reason on Donaldson over the fleetguard

And coincidentally I run Donaldson and Baldwin filter setup and normally buy all my filters through Amazon

Just now, Silverdodge said:

I want 45 PSI almost pulled one of them in so no go here

32 psi is ax I see. Still running the oe HX. It does have a Banks exhaust housing and waste gate actuator. The front half is the oe part.

Mopar/Cummins or Wix oil filter, Rotella T5 oil, air filter is high flow reusable that came with twins, fuel filter is Wix stock canister...205k miles at highly enriched hp levels. :burnout:

Edited by Bullet

• Staff
13 hours ago, Silverdodge said:

Any reason on Donaldson over the fleetguard

And coincidentally I run Donaldson and Baldwin filter setup and normally buy all my filters through Amazon

The Donaldson DBL7349 has better filtration and higher flow ratings than the Fleetgurad. 

The DBL 7349 is 100% at 20µ, 98.7% at 15µ, and 59.97% at 7µ.

The Fleetguard LF16035 is 100% at 30µ. 

The Amsoil EaO80 and DBL7349 have the same media. I run the Donaldson because it's cheaper. 

I have heard that Fleetguard has a NanoNet oil filter in the works, so I'll be curious to see how much better it is than the LF 16035. 

Edited by AH64ID
  • Like 3

• Owner

Best thing to do is ask a high mileage guy what he's running of oil and filters. Because if he made 500k, 750k or 1 million miles its a good choice of oil and filters. I'm coming up on 400k miles pretty quick. I know @dripley is nearly to 500k miles. Oh speaking of which make sure when the head comes off to snap a photo of the cylinders. I'm curious. 

8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Best thing to do is ask a high mileage guy what he's running of oil and filters. Because if he made 500k, 750k or 1 million miles its a good choice of oil and filters. I'm coming up on 400k miles pretty quick. I know @dripley is nearly to 500k miles. Oh speaking of which make sure when the head comes off to snap a photo of the cylinders. I'm curious. 

So am I. Since putting my old RV's back in and getting the MAP sensor replaced it is running with plenty of power. I have been avoiding a full WOT run until the HG is replaced. Might throw in a new set or just have these rebuilt when the head goes back on. One of the 2.

Almost to 465k at the moment.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 11:21 PM, Silverdodge said:

Ya when I put my s300 on I started noticing deforming of the filter media that was clean I took it off and have been running s&b 

What about Marine bhaf, aren't they the ones have steel Mash inside. I'm a bit nervous myself now, with 7x10 and 62/67/12, I may be pretty close to pushing limits off bhaf. Maybe a chunk of PVC or corrugated/ perforated tile inside the filter will prevent it from collapsing.