• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Came up with 2 codes on my 04 P234 and P2509

Came up with these codes yesterday on my 04, P234 and P2509. I had no lights on the dash, I have been recently experiencing no power pulling and terrible fuel mileage,Did deeper scan read and stated waste gate. This is a 305HP and 190 on the clock. Removed intake boot and Turbo bearing seams fine no play and spins reasonably free. .  I have no clue if anyone had ever changed the Turbo as I bought the truck used and vague service info. Believe it said HY 35. Is it worth going into the waste gate issue or just swap out the Turbo completely? 

I had a battery draw down from interior light left on awhile back and I believe that code may have been in there from that. And yes I believe the gate is froze, I tried to reach the gate rod with a long needle nose pliers and it didn't seam to want to move. Do you feel freeing it up may just be a temporary fix? And has anyone successfully loosened these up in the truck or should it be removed and done. Seems to be tucked away and hard to get to.

• Owner
Just now, Gearhead1 said:

I tried to reach the gate rod with a long needle nose pliers and it didn't seam to want to move.

You'll have to pull the turbo off the truck. The wastegate motor has a very strong spring which requires both hands to even install the wastegate motor new. There is nothing you can do with the turbo installed on the truck. 

2 minutes ago, Gearhead1 said:

Do you feel freeing it up may just be a temporary fix?

No. Just need to remove the wastegate motor. Then the wastegate arm can be worked with to free it. Typically it rusted shut because of not using the full ability of the turbo. 

Ok , just went under the truck with a vise grip and clamped it to the gate lever. Moves freely with a squeak. removed intake boot to turbo and ran truck turbo spinning nicely at idle. disconnected the hose from the turbo body to gate actuator  and regulated 35psi into hose and actuator is moving gate. Crazy

Also from what I have seen on videos etc about this 04 turbo shouldn't it have a electric controller on it? this just has a fitting elbow and the hose directly to the gate actuator.