• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

parking brake pedal assembly

How do i take this thing off? I took off the back 2 bolts but there seems like there's still something holding it on besides the cable.

Also how do i take the cable off the latch? I'm doing this so that i can access that top bolt to replace the door hinge. I need my door back on so any help is appreciated.

thank you,

Edited by Rotket

Alright I found the last bolt, but how do you take off the rod that goes to the pull lever? It has a plastic clip but I don't see how it releases.

Edited by Rotket
Grammar

• Staff
14 hours ago, dripley said:

Never done that either. I think @JAG1 might have.

No I haven't done that before. Anyone have a shop manual with a pic they can post up?

I do know that Dodge likes to confuse what we generally learned growing up on Chevys and Fords. If you look for the weirdest thing you will probably find what holds it on there. Sometimes it takes me an hour solid hunting to find what Dodge designed. When I was young I had very little patience. Sometimes if I looked just a little longer it would have been much better than calling on Dripleys Destructive chickens. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, trreed said:

This should help some

Yea i don't think dodge designed this door hinge to be removal, there's even insulation you have to poke through to get to the bolt hole.  Even after taking all of the bolts out of the brake assembly and removing the pull lever rod, there's still not enough room to stick a ratchet up with a very small extension, which is what you need because the bolt is too far back in the hole. I could go over the assembly if it came down enough, but it doesn't. I'll probably have to figure out how to take the brake assembly all the way out, aka removing it from the cable that routes below the cab and into the rear parking drum.

I'v never had so much trouble over something so silly ha. It's amazing that cummins thinks of all the little ways to make engine work easier, but chrysler makes it a nightmare for basic stuff like this.

Edited by Rotket